By Spring - Vol. 3 Ch. 20 - The usual place

Dex-chan lover
@WhisCalifa69 @LordTrollBias

I would say that in both cases some form of abuse is highly probable.

Emotional abuse/blackmail from Yuri if she ends up being the sociopath she's kinda been through all the story and I don't have to say what would happen if it's the bullies. Rape it's also a possibility if the author wants to truly torture us.

There's also the posibility of this being a situation where Yuri could take some actually positive route, starting her redemption arc as @Zygzak191 has stated.

BUT.

As this is a cautionary tale for the most part, a happy ending is not what we should be expecting because of the message that it's trying to deliver. Start thinking about this series as something like Emergence and suddenly this situation isn't as dire as we think it is. It could be way worse

Group Leader
@WhisCalifa69 to be honest I'll be surprise if he only knew his mother was an prostitute beforehand than she did was no different for what he done simply and BTW everyone Chapter 21 Release Date is October 9 Okay šŸ˜

@Raknasuu noooooo don't mention Henshin Emergency :vietnam flashbacks incoming:.

However, this being "a love story who started with 24 yen" mines the chances of ending it into a tragically sweet way. There's still the chance this may end with a double lovers' suicide though, with side characters realizing their selfishness, prejudices and poor communication drove 2 innocent people to be pushed to the edge. I have the suspicion authresses have read some Osamu Dazai novels or Romeo and Juliette.
It will be poetic of the manga ends with Souta and Haru dying while cuddling naked under a closed bridge, looking like a couple of sleeping siblings, only that they're gonna sleep forever. This will end like "poor communication kills: the manga".

Wow. This is turning into a Harry situation. Now on drags and to find out a electric fence blocking the way, like what the hell. I am curious what happens in the next chapter.

Dex-chan lover
@WhisCalifa69

Oh, it's interesting that you read one of the main themes as "lack of communication". It is a important theme, after all that's the thing with the main couple... Haru and Souta want to be together despite of the money, but they actually think that it is money that joins them together. If they could be more honest the situation wouldn't have escalated as much as it did in such a short time.

But that is not the premise... At least not how I read it. It's more of a "Most forms of abuse often come from those that claim to be close rather than from acquaintances" and the derivative thought that I define as the purpose of the psychological terror genre: This could be happening to the kid next door.

There's also the underlying themes of "Innocence = Pure" "Ignorance is bliss" but "Ignorance leads to irresponsible behaviour" and most importantly "Love isn't control"

And I just realized that the author is doing a good job at getting across the complexity of the situation... Well, that's why we come to suffer with every release I guess.

If Haru ā€œsneeksā€ in on Soutaā€™s home, that poor MC must allow himself to get ā€œkidnappedā€ by her, elope and move aways somewhere far.

But:

If THOT mom rats Haru to the police and discover her pr____ with Souta, more MC suffering may occur.

Shonen no Abyss, Chi no wadachi, and By Spring:

The trinity of ā€œMC sufferingā€ manga.

@lazserbqaz just wait for the next chapter. As the E/N says: the despair continues, and it's highly probably either Fumi, Yuri, Matoba, the fkin cops ACAB or the bullies spot him and only kami knows what type of abuse he might start to suffer.

Remove Chi no Wadachi from the list, as it's heading towards a surprisingly lit and happy finale for all the suffering Seiichi had to go through.

Souta's gonna connect the dots soon and when he does he'll probably just run away. We've never seen Souta get indignant before but I feel that Souta discovering the lies will just make him snap and leave for a while.

What a hypocrite...she hates prostitution yet that's her "job"...
at least give souta his clothes..poor kid

Users who are viewing this thread