By Spring - Vol. 3 Ch. 21 - Don't take me for a fool

Dex-chan lover
@Tamerlane

ah I forgot about that, although now that leads to another point of where'd she get that money that has to be talked about too. hmm Maybe it'll work out well after all

Fed-Kun's army
It's getting axed lol. i read somewhere it was because the author has been worked herself without assistant this entire time. she already putting an ad looking for assistant on twitter but still no one want to apply so she decided to end the manga instead

Damn too quick, should have put it on hold, I don't see how we will be getting a satisfactory ending in just two chapters...

Better to delay something than to ruin it forever.

Dex-chan lover
@Tamerlane
Fyi, don't hotlinking the image from mangadex chapter. The url is expired eventually and it becomes broken image icon. Because I cannot see the image inside the spoiler

Use chapter number and page number so we know where the reference is

Fed-Kun's army
The "that's why I didn't take welfare" line made me despise that woman
tbc I'm a liberal that thinks she should just take the fucking welfair

it's ending too soon but i guess getting a rushed ending is better than getting axed without an ending

Dex-chan lover
@unmellow
This is a bit of a culture clash.

In Japan, welfare is seen more disfavorably than it is in the west because Japan has a high achievement-based culture. There is legislation for single-female parent households, (But not single male parents so sorry widowers) but they make up only about 6% of public assistance cases.

However, to apply, you have to sell off all the luxury goods you have, so a lot of the stuff relating to her...erm..."side job" would have to go. Not to mention, she would probably be investigated for where all that side money is coming from. She might even have to sell off her home to apply, and she would only be able to spend the money on specific things.

It's very different to how the US operates and is much less charitable and more reluctant than in places like America, but it makes sense given Japan's very conservative and also has been in a recession for awhile.

@kurosaki96 I would say that 2 chapters is a bit soon, but it was getting close to the natural resolution anyway, so I do think there was some planning. I'm expecting some longer chapters, though. If it were me, I'd say 5 chapters would be ideal so we focus on the resolution to Souta/his mother, Haru/her stepfather, Yuri, the teacher, and then a final concluding chapter where it all wraps up. Who knows, maybe the author has something planned we don't know.

Well I am not sad that it is gonna be short because sometimes a series should not be extended too long or it will become bad. What I am sad about is that it is too short. If it took atleast 5-10 chaps to end it wold have been satisfactory enough. Nevertheless it was a fun ride.

Fed-Kun's army
@WhisCalifa69 are you sure about that?? I mean seem like a Hiatus on the series, would be a far better option than just axing it. I mean Corona is eventually going to pass, the series can be re-picked up and continue then: axing it is ending any future involvement whit it, seem too much for a time problem thou to exogenous conditions

@dojinshi that saved money in the drawer is the bills her stepfather gave to her so she stops pestering him. To be fair, it's the chekhov's gun of the whole story at this point.

@daniel345 the axe announcement was really sudden and, to add salt to the injury, right after an issue break. Cancellation due to sales are usually announced to the author a volume or two before the ofc announcement. The timing makes it look the axe wasn't planned.

The mom can only get tough with her son shes taking our all her aggression on men on him

Haru finally joins the chat wonder how this confrontation goes

And how things between his mom will change when he knows the truth thought he would be more upset his moms prostituting herself

@WhisCalifa69 where you getting the author had a lack of assistants? And are you assuming that's the reason for the axe?

Also what are the other series they are working on I can only find this to be there only active series on mangaupdate

And seems the artist has only one other active series

@Starbright
https://twitter.com/ei_yuzuki/status/1317394967891898369?s=19
About a week ago she posted this on twitter. She was searching for remote assistants who could do backgrounds, accesories and checking.
https://twitter.com/ei_yuzuki/status/1318962428881760256?s=19
And days ago, she posted the online application.
Considering the timing between the posts, the ending announcement was a little too sudden. Anywayys, it was nearing its natural climax. However, resolving everything in 2 chapters and give a satisfactory ending is a really difficult thing.
@salanates i would rat her out to the fucking cops acab 1312 with solid evidence, so those police sleazeballs can move their asses and do something good for once.

@WhisCalifa69 seems pretty late in the game to be looking for assistants if they are in dire need of it

And if that's the reason seems pretty quick to end the series since the put out the application only a couple days ago

Do you know if the author has any other active series only see them promoting this on there Twitter

@Starbright
https://twitter.com/comibi/status/1313044255095443456?s=19
This is the only regular one from her partner. The others are collabs for BL magazines.
Still i feel it's too sudden the announcement. And they didn't promote thi series as much. Only during tankoubon releases.

Double-page supporter
last 2 chapters, last 2 chapters, last 2 chapters, last 2 chapters, last 2 chapters, last 2 chapters, last 2 chapters, last 2 chapters, last 2 chapters, last 2 chapters......

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Users who are viewing this thread