By Spring - Vol. 3 Ch. 23 - 24 Yen

Dex-chan lover
@GuitarLegend thank you for the new chapter today! 🙌 I really appreciate it. 😃 I never knew it was going to be released today haha. I appreciate you! 😃

defo could have used a little more in tying up loose ends, but rushed ending is understandable

overall 6.5/10

@trapsarebetter lol on your post.

Man, that felt... really incomplete. No comeuppance for Yuri, teacher, only a short explication of what happened to his mom.

Ending was quite cute at least, but it felt like some important shit was ignored.

Given the circumstances of the end, it's understandable tho. Good thing it ended on a happy note.

@DarknessAssassin, @GuitarLegend thanks for the hard workdone with this mango. It was very enjoyable anyways.

Iam happy and sad at the same time.
Happy i see Haru and Sota finally become couple and get more panel.
Sad that we don't see his mother after she said that. And also, we don't see that girl that had a feeling for Sota.

Well... It's rushed after all. What else you expect?
Btw, that for the scanlation for doing this until end

Dex-chan lover
Really needed 1 more chapter.

23 chapters somehow feels inappropriate...

Group Leader
@WhisCalifa69 yeahhh it had potential, we expected it to be 30~ chapters long when we decided to work on it, but it is what it is! As Noir we already have 5 projects releasing and Akatsuki has their own batch of new stuff coming out as well :D

@Tamerlane
Well, not that much though when you consider it.

Grandparents were mentioned few times before, also even in this chapter. They cut off the contact with Fumi (is quite hinted that Grandpa regrets it after the years) and she always told Souta they all his relatives are dead.
About Fumi rehab. Well, it's probably mostly because of Asian and even Western culture. Therapy and psychologist help are still consider as something bad/ for weak people. That's also one of reasons why there's so high number of suicides as seeking that kind of help is considered taboo. So Souta using rehab instead of therapy is probably received better by people.
Yuri well, pretty much only cut off story point. She probably ended in her perfect world and still deals with bubble around her which her parents created. Maybe we'll get some side story with her, who knows.

Anyway it was really good manga. It might have like extra 1 or 2 chapters, but that's all and considering that it raised heavy topics it did very well. Some anime movie would fit it quite well.
Definitely not axed like some theorist here are saying- who changed theirs opinions every chapter and in the end nothing they said happened or even was true.

A beautiful manga and one that I am forever grateful for reading! THANK YOU VERY MUCH to the AKATSUKI SCANS! You are fantastic lads (and perhaps lasses) and I greatly appreciate your work on this. As for the wonderfully talented mangaka of this series, I will be supporting them by buying all volumes of this series and looking forward to their future works. Thanks again.

Now as for the last chapter. I thought it ended almost perfectly, and in fact the ending was about as happy I would have hoped. It was nice to see that Fumi's parents loved their grandchild and were willing to raise him. Hopefully the omake will show Fumi reuniting with her son. Even if Souta only gave a one line update on Fumi going to rehab, it showed that she was being taken care of and that she was with people who want to help her. Fumi is NOT a bad person. And her story line was the one I was most eager to see resolved.

I acutally did not expect Souta and Haru ending up as a couple. That was a very happy and pleasant surprise!

Dex-chan lover
My version of the ending (Or how I resolve all the unresolved plot lines):
-Once Souta stops attending school for a little bit, Yuri reconsiders her actions and how she treated him. Remember, she's the manipulative type, and she wouldn't want to harm Souta directly but would prefer him be entirely hers. Therefore, it makes sense that because she would likely still have feelings for him, she would try to go to his house
-Once there, she tries to go in but meets Souta's mother, who tries to, at first, tell her he's not seeing anyone at the moment, but she keeps insisting and slowly eroding at her until she snaps and essentially screams at her to go away, causing Souta to hear this and try to see what's going on, which leads to Yuri seeing a very emaciated and neglected Souta in his underwear.
-After this incident, we cut to Haru's prospective as she gets into an argument with her step-father, which starts out trivial as she back-talks him and gradually builds up in tension until she smacks him, paralleling the abusive relationship she has with that of Souta's situation, causing her to begin packing her things, including the jar of the money Souta gave her
-Haru ends up returning the stop under the bridge where she met with Souta, reflecting on her situation and thinking back to why Souta has not been visiting her. Yuri eventually confronts Haru and the two begin arguing as Yuri's too prideful to admit she may be wrong, trying to deflect blame onto Haru for being a prostitute, as she denies having any such connection.
-Their argument gradually reveals to Haru why Souta stopped attending school, and that she's concerned for him given what she saw at his house. The two begrudgingly put aside their differences to work together to save the one they love.
-Meanwhile, the mom is trying to isolate Souta even more to prevent him from getting away, binding him and putting tape over his mouth. She's clearly referring to him with desperation, talking about how its her duty as his mother to prevent him from becoming a bad person like his father was. She switches from berating him to trying to act very motherly with him, showing her mental instability. Before she leaves, she kisses him on his forehead and we hear a pounding at the door.
-The confrontation that occurs is very similar to that of Chapter 22, except Haru doesn't let herself in, instead she knocks and Souta's mom unlocks it before starting a verbal altercation with her for ruining Souta
-While the two fight, Yuri sneaks in and unties Souta, while apologizing for all the trouble she's caused him and trying to confess her love to him, but she realizes that after all the suffering she's caused and all that Souta has endured, that she really doesn't know anything about him, and ends up letting him go, both literally and figuratively, finally realizing that she can't always get what she wants and that if she were to try and capture his heart, she would end up just like Souta's mom
-Souta confronts his mother as she is trying to fight with Haru, leading to a similar conversation from last chapter.
-We see Haru run off with Souta into the sunset, but before Souta's mom can come after them, she hear sirens and it's revealed that Yuri called the police, and we see the mom break down crying
-Some time passes and we see the Stepfather watching the news, with the relationship clearly having soured since Haru left. The report says that his daughter and souta are still missing, and Yuri is seen being interviewed about what happened, describing the altercation with their mother. We see two notably older figures of Souta and Haru watching the news report, the two having used the money Haru saved to rent a small apartment as she goes out to work. We see the two of them smiling, looking at the future as the story ends

Dex-chan lover
Sad this was axed, the story had potential. They didn't even bother fixing the issues of that bitch classmate lol. Was a nice ride nonetheless.

Also Kono Koi ended today :'(

Wonderful Manga and art, sad to see it axed so soon, but nonetheless the ending is somewhat nice. i agree the story has little more potential to grow.

@teppogaijin
Nice to see someone appreciate it or have valid critic in all this axed and conspiracy theories comments non sense. Pity that comment section after about first 7/8 chapters become like this.
Anyway, couldn't agree more- it was subtle and good . Let's hope for some anime movie adaptation or something new from the authors as it seems like they have something set up for serialization.

Users who are viewing this thread