By Spring

Ch. 16 is out and it looks like 1: it's another calm before the mfking assembly of a class 5 typhoon, a class F tornado, a summer monsoon, Yellowstone eruption and a 9.5 richter cataclysm bc Souta and Haru had a not-date that went south bc the place of their destination was closed but she apparently enjoyed it bc it unintentionally brought happy memories from her childhood. In the end, bc of saving her from wasting 410 yen on bus fee, she is offering him what to do and he is thinking about what about a kiss?. 2: Haru sure has self esteem issues stemming from her strange 4 syllabes full name bc it sounds like an idol's name and she doesn't think she's shining and charming like those girls. Also, a late F for her biological dad. Now I understand why she hates her stepdaddy with a passion. Her dead dad doted on her a lot and she looked up to him.

If it was for me, Souta shall not rush things, because it's gonna be worse for him. Shit, I'm already anxious for the (99% negative) outcome of this. And this ominous feeling on my chest will be amplified by the potential tearjerker the next KanoKari chapter will bring. BTW if it was for a quick feeling, he shoukd've left Yuri kiss him on first place. 1st kisses ain't big shit.

@Ferchandof he's 14 and insecure bc of the circumstances he's been raised into by an overprotective and controlling mom (vol. 2 official summary by Shogakukan calls MC singleparental family as toxic), what did you expect? At least he has the age advantage, so he has a lot of room for growth.

PD: watched some spoilers from ch. 17... i only can say... Not even portuguese Vejita's agony delivered by Freeza will compare with the far greater than hell's pain Souta will start to suffer. To put it short,
Yuri finally spotted Souta with Haru and snapped.

Edited bc i finally read the chapter, @LordTrollbias.

Ow boy, dunno if i will be able to stand seeing him being socially condemned only bc of innocently lurking and finding the affection and love he seems to lack in life.
Not gonna say more things 'till the scanlations' release.

This manga a let down, its tagged as smut but all i get is shitty mom, whimpy mc and scumbag girls

@zameckis93 if you expected more frequent smut scenes, then you're in for a bad ride. Those are reduced to 1 sex scene from Souta's mom and Souta imagining R-18 things.
MC and FMC are still underage. So smuttiness is reduced to Souta's mom job for now

So this is the mother's situation in a nutshell?

Yuri is basically a lite Yandere. She is trying to Isolate Souta so she can have him for herself. Look at what she's doing, spread a vague rumor to turn him into a pariah and force him into a possession where he can't freely see Haru anymore.
Her end game is probably something like "I'm the only one willing to have you so don't ever betray me again." Type stuff.

Btw, the 18th chapter is out thx to based russians. It's called "You get what you (fucking) deserve" (a low key Joker reference, maybe?)
Dammit, i want to hug Sou-chan strongly and tell him to let it go all his frustrations, he doesn't deserve that reckoning (although that will be Haru's job). Hope Haru finds out Souta's situation, although teacher seemed to find Yuri accusations really fishy and baseless.
Besides, Fumi's last panel screams bad news, really bad news. Can't wait for the english release. This chapter left me really worked out and shaken, even to the point of wanting to puke my dinner due to stress.

Btw, i don't understand a single bit of russian, but it seems Souta got amnessia due to the agression. Are we going full Golden Time right now??

@Kyozip this, but worse. She wants him to not be like those "men" she hates so much (ITT she hates men in general) and is technically raising him to be somewhat like the kid protagonist from The Boy in the Plastic Bubble movie (isolated from everything and everyone). She even could go to the extreme lengths of amazon-pressing him if she finds out he's paying for "prostitutes", just like Chi no Wadachi's mom. Something that can be really dangerous for his (alreaby crumbling) psyche and his (still top notch, despite of the piss-shitty conditions he lives in) health if authresses have the guts to depict AIDS or other STD by showing Fumi-chan engaging into increasingly careless and reckless sex interchanges with her so un-beloved customers.

In a twisted way, both Fumi-chan and Yuri want to mold him to whatever they think it's the best for them, but not for him. The one who was indirectly turning him into a man, instead of the special snowflake both mom and psycho classmate want him to be was Haru herself, telling in his face that he ain't the type of man who could ever attempt at dating girls and basically telling him that he's a sissy.

@Stardustphantom97 Yandere stereotype is all about murdering the hypotenuse instead of the prize. What is doing Yuri is beyond anything a Yandere could do, bc she is technically "murdering" the object of her obsession and reeks of mental healther (menhera) vibes, but not in the cute way, but in its real meaning. And what she is doing can akshually put Haru in serious shit and destroy her adult life if news reach her school and family's ears.
About her endgame goals. It's technically what you said. She can even go further than that, via stealing poor Sou-chan's both virginities (in a nip way, claim his body and soul) and leaving him mentally scarred and unwilling to have sex with anybody but her.
As for the pariah part: he's already one at school bc of his precarious life and his poverty, but those rumors can turn him into a public danger for the community, with all the implications and the social consequences that label carries with. For these kind of stories, MC seeking for a suicide opportunity when shit becomes too much for him to handle is a given. We don't know when, but Souta will have suicidal thoughts soon.

BTW Chap 18 is already out in Japan since past friday, but raw providers seem to be asleep or corona-ridden bc LH still hasn't uploaded it. Hoping they didn't get arrested.

Imagine if Haru finds out that Yuri is responsible for her dear friend Souta, enduring such tremendous anguish. If things get really out of hand, Souta could face severe physical and emotional harm from his mother (Fumi), and Haru also may find herself in serious trouble with her own family and school. If all of these terrible things come to pass, and if Haru finds out that some spoiled, naive and ignorant JC who has had her whole life served on a diamond platter, is responsible for this calamity, I hope Haru beats Yuri to an absolute pulp. Haru is drawn in some scenes looking like a Norse Valkryie or even an Amazonian. She would utterly annihilate Yuri, and rightly so, if she finds Yuri responsible for this turn of events.

What Yuri has done is potentially set the course for a suicide and the ruination of two young people and their families. She needs to be held accountable.

@teppogaijin
Haru's money from her desk drawer will finally have a use. The responsible of Souta's life threatening accident is actually Yuri's friend (life threatening as he lost too much blood after blowing his head with that fall). Good thing adults (sans Fumi ofc) seem to be really chill and reasonable on this, especially Souta's teacher. 'Tis the 1st time teachers aren't a bunch of heartlesd sadists

If Fumi finds out about tge rumors she can immediately deduce that they're bullshit. Fumi is pissed because Souta is lying to her about having other women in his life that's not her.

Fumi views Souta as a anchor to keep her semi sane but the presence of a woman jeopardizes this because eventually Souta will just leave with her. She'll do anything to prevent that from happening.

Users who are viewing this thread