Yofukashi no Uta - Vol. 20 Ch. 200 - Final Night: And Then

Dex-chan lover
It has been a joy to follow this series till the end. Thank you for the translation team!

This ending is okay.. I hope author can force the happy ending straight away but looks like author tried to keep us in reality by never revealing what happened if Nazuna bite Kou.
I thought author will try to play the fact that Nazuna is born as vampire so she might be true vampire that can genuinely fall in love to her kin or something.

Dex-chan lover
The majority of axed manga series have a hastily wrapped up, unsatisfying ending.

However, since they actually have an ending, the majority of axed manga series end better than Call of the Pointless.

This was The Last Jedi of final chapters.

I feel like people are getting way to hung up on the whole Vampire reasonings/origins behind Kou and Nazuna. I literally think its as simple as, Nazuna born from a human x vampire is a vampire. However, whoever she turns only becomes a half vampire due to her origin. Bam thats it. Don't think the author ever wanted to go any deeper than that, and constantly reminded us throughout the whole series that vampires themselves barely know shit about vampires. So everyone in the story is just as clueless as us the readers. Which is why they didn't want to risk potentially life threatening stuff, in fear of doing harm to the other person or themselves.

As for the ending, it was fine. Sort of what i guessed might happen. I'm cool with open endings if done right, which for this manga seems appropriate. Seems like they were trying to please everyone which is why some people might feel mehh about it. Others like the hardcore rom-com andies are absolutely seething, only happily ever after's can soothe their souls. I like bittersweet endings as well, if anything the leave a bigger emotional impact. Plus this felt more like a coming of age story more so than just a romance story. We got to see Kou grow and mature throughout the manga. Coming from a lost kid, struggling to understand himself and others to someone who now has a better understanding of himself and others, and made a bunch of friends along the way. Love just happened to be one of those things, along with the pain it brings. Now look at him, he's a straight up G. Girls falling for him left and right, has a sweet detective gig set up for him and he has his half vampire powers without the drawbacks. He went from a loner edgy doomer to a confident semi-gigachad status highschooler.

One major nitpick I have with the ending is the blood bag. Why the hell is this being brought up now? The author just opened a whole variety of questions that goes against the conflict of them not being able to be together in the first place. She literally just tried to succ him and he's like I learned some karate, btw "hErE's a bLoOdbAg, iT's MiNe". You telling me, bro is so desperate that he traveled to some remote snow place in Siberia and is willing to risk potentially killing the person he loves with his blood bag? Like yeah i get it, love makes you do crazy things, trust me i get that. But I wouldn't want to pose the risk to her unless she herself had the idea or wanted it. Unless we are to assume its perfectly fine since its in a bag and not from his body directly? Idk it felt completely unnecessary and only added questions to the story and the rules. You could remove that whole bit and leave the reader with less questions and would be just fine, more open ended if anything. I guess i'll end my rant.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Well that's it I guess. Was enjoyable ti'll the end and as much as it was a pretty arsh ending, this is still a really good end nonetheless. Thanks to the Author/Translators and finally you guys for all the comments and shitposts, made the ride as enjoyable as possible.

Last Thing To Say:

I Enjoyed My Stay
proxy-image

And there you have it… Just like Dagashi Kashi and every other manga I read through the end, no proper ending. That one isn't that bad, but come on.... You can't end it like : "Hey i'm back, love ya, bye". That's not how you end a story. Why can't no one in the industry get it right?

Dex-chan lover
fuck.... man i feel so empty now...... but hey that was a fun ride while it lasted

Dex-chan lover
You telling me, bro is so desperate that he traveled to some remote snow place in Siberia and is willing to risk potentially killing the person he loves with his blood bag? Like yeah i get it, love makes you do crazy things, trust me i get that. But I wouldn't want to pose the risk to her unless she herself had the idea or wanted it. Unless we are to assume its perfectly fine since its in a bag and not from his body directly?
I can see it. The entire time, they were freaking out specifically about the matter of a vampire sucking the blood of a beloved subject. It makes sense-- transmogrifications only ever happen if a vampire bites an enamored candidate and sucks their blood. In this chapter, it's made clearer that Nazuna's fear was that she'd overpower him in her pounce, which would be a massive problem if Kou lost his vampire-shifting capability and couldn't even resist her strength.

And there you have it… Just like Dagashi Kashi and every other manga I read through the end, no proper ending. That one isn't that bad, but come on.... You can't end it like : "Hey i'm back, love ya, bye". That's not how you end a story. Why can't no one in the industry get it right?
If it's "every manga you've read through the end", then that either speaks to the kind and/or amount of manga you've read, or it's you misidentifying something as a problem.

Me, I've been left thinking, "what did any of you want for an ending that wasn't irrelevant lore-dumping, lore-dumping about information that's explicitly beyond the ken of anybody in this story, or high impact vampire sex"?

Dex-chan lover
uuuh, did he just give her a bag of his own blood? Did they forget that if she drinks his blood then they both will die? So she got a bag of remote MC-murder?
i hate seeing this go. i do have complaints though. we never got confirmation that turning while the vampire is in love kills. to my knowledge, what we saw was that they died when the sun came up and it felt kinda ambiguous as to what killed them. i could just be misremembering but im fairly sure thats what happened.
I think it was explained early that the sun is not lethal to them. This was also why that antagonist was so desperate searching for a way to die, over the course of centuries.
Either way, we will get confirmation when she drinks that blood-bag, whether or not it kills them both.

My main issue is rather that the mangaka forgot the plot-line about her birth and her mother? If this is the end, then they completely dropped the entire thing and never gave an explanation to either thing?

And with that, one of my favorites séries comes to an end. Thanks for everything since the launch of the anime.

God damn, I am quit baffled right know. I just started the serious two days ago after rewatching the Anime and I got hit with the END? And I quit unsettled with tbh. I mean it is not a bad per se but I would have like a more round about solution where Yamori Kou might not end up dying and leaving Nazuna behind. Well it is suggestive ending so I guess we can just think our self a ending we like but still. What I would like to know now is what Kou's Vampire state is. I am pretty sure he is past a half Vampire even if not a full one and I do believe he can become one even without Nazuna now, but what I would like to know who that was/is inside of him? We only got hit with it once and in the middle and now at the end but there are two personas in him. I would guess it is his Vampire self and they kind of a different personalities. Anyway I had to went some of irritation here so if anybody red this, thanks for listening. I guess I'll go for a walk now and try to come over with this to be ready and get hit by the next surprise ending of a Manga I've come to like. Have a great day or good night fellas...

Dex-chan lover
Am i the weird one that i want to see a proper happy ending in all "romance" manga. I had hope he somehow change into vampire or stuff.

I have a mix of different emotions right now. I mean we got a happy ending (well kinda) but I still feel unsatisfied BC it left so many questions unanswered

Dex-chan lover
I feel like people are getting way to hung up on the whole Vampire reasonings/origins behind Kou and Nazuna. I literally think its as simple as, Nazuna born from a human x vampire is a vampire. However, whoever she turns only becomes a half vampire due to her origin. Bam thats it. Don't think the author ever wanted to go any deeper than that, and constantly reminded us throughout the whole series that vampires themselves barely know shit about vampires. So everyone in the story is just as clueless as us the readers. Which is why they didn't want to risk potentially life threatening stuff, in fear of doing harm to the other person or themselves.

As for the ending, it was fine. Sort of what i guessed might happen. I'm cool with open endings if done right, which for this manga seems appropriate. Seems like they were trying to please everyone which is why some people might feel mehh about it. Others like the hardcore rom-com andies are absolutely seething, only happily ever after's can soothe their souls. I like bittersweet endings as well, if anything the leave a bigger emotional impact. Plus this felt more like a coming of age story more so than just a romance story. We got to see Kou grow and mature throughout the manga. Coming from a lost kid, struggling to understand himself and others to someone who now has a better understanding of himself and others, and made a bunch of friends along the way. Love just happened to be one of those things, along with the pain it brings. Now look at him, he's a straight up G. Girls falling for him left and right, has a sweet detective gig set up for him and he has his half vampire powers without the drawbacks. He went from a loner edgy doomer to a confident semi-gigachad status highschooler.

One major nitpick I have with the ending is the blood bag. Why the hell is this being brought up now? The author just opened a whole variety of questions that goes against the conflict of them not being able to be together in the first place. She literally just tried to succ him and he's like I learned some karate, btw "hErE's a bLoOdbAg, iT's MiNe". You telling me, bro is so desperate that he traveled to some remote snow place in Siberia and is willing to risk potentially killing the person he loves with his blood bag? Like yeah i get it, love makes you do crazy things, trust me i get that. But I wouldn't want to pose the risk to her unless she herself had the idea or wanted it. Unless we are to assume its perfectly fine since its in a bag and not from his body directly? Idk it felt completely unnecessary and only added questions to the story and the rules. You could remove that whole bit and leave the reader with less questions and would be just fine, more open ended if anything. I guess i'll end my rant.
I think "the ending is fine" is fair. It's not terrible, and its certainly not exceptional(in stark contrast to much of the work). Part of the problem this author seems to have is in making romance and love such a big part OF the coming of age process, then abandoning it vaguely. Is it realistic that it plays a big role? Yes. Would I qualify this as simply a coming of age story? No. There's simply too much romance interwoven throughout. Even with the side characters, it gave perspectives on love and loss. With being one of the core themes, and to unceremoniously Peter out, makes me question the purpose of utilizing it so heavily. Uncertainty isn't exactly a novel concept when it comes to romance, so it's not completely unreasonable, but when you make it such a large part of the themes, its a little "rude" to the readers to quietly relegate it to a "minor detail". Its an effective way to increase sales I suppose... Until you disillusion enough romance readers and they don't even consider your next offering.

I find myself forced to consider the possibility that the author, for all their obvious talent, is incapable of better writing romance at a more "mature" stage, no I don't mean in a sexual sense for you philistines. Leaving some questions unresolved is one thing, creating more significant ones at the very end, well, whether or not its "good" in a creative sense, will leave a bad taste in the mouths of many. Open ending or not, it still could have done far better, and after how compelling it was in its majority, it just feels very much like it merely fizzled out... The time skip didn't help. Personally, I don't need a nice tidy tying off of every little plotline or a "happily ever after" to find an ending satisfying... But this was certainly not. I suppose some authors just like to leave everything near totally open and uncertain, and there's a market for it... But realistically, that's a smaller demographic than those who would want a slightly more directional ending, not necessarily even closure. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Dex-chan lover
I suppose one might consider Nazuna's suggestion of infinite tag to be something of a proposal...

I'm gonna run through my entire supply of copium on this one.

wow can't really believe it's the end
the ending kinda seems open so I hope in the future we will get some extra chapters that will make things clear
o7

Users who are viewing this thread