Can You Keep a Secret? - Vol. 2 Ch. 10 - Distinction

Such a feel good manga~~
Thanks for your hard work!! Whatever happens, thank you!!

Dex-chan lover
@sleepyfoxscanlations I understand what you're saying, but I just disagree. Granted, I explicitly do not scanlate, so it's just my opinion. You could've had a translation note that said something like "this was written in Engrish in the original" (I don't know what the raws had). Or you could've written it as "thank you" without any further explanation. Even "thanks" would be fine in my opinion.

My personal feeling on translation is that it's an effect. What would a native reader think when they saw "sankyu" written here? Would it look unnatural that he's using a loanword? Would it be just normal? Would it be something else? From my understanding, it'd be normal and nothing of note. Therefore, translate it as though the English reader doesn't need to make any note of it. If it's noteworthy that he said "sankyu", then try to translate that in a way that conveys the tone to the English reader.

It's fine if translators want to try to be as literal as possible, but I hate it when people think it MUST be as literal as possible. If that's the case, then the logical conclusion is never translate. Just learn the original language. My opinion is that translate is supposed to convey meaning, not words.

That's just my opinion, of course. Regardless, thank you for your translation work, and I understand if you disagree with me.

Group Leader
Thanks for the kind words everyone! I'm working on chapter 11 with Ace Scans, and I think it'll go well.

@larboy Haha, I already feel like I've been gone forever :x. I appreciate it though.

@Archit12 Yeah all these messages have been very encouraging. I'd like to work on more projects for sure ;3.

@Sakuron Sorry for making you worry!

@Luhood xD

@Zikakuto This year has changed our perspectives on a lot of things (;^ω^)

@treiral Thanks for the thoughts. I was surprised myself about how nice it felt to work on.

@comeonnow0 I'm always happy to hear opinions about scanlation— I find it quite fun.

The original had it as サンキュ.

If you'd like to see the previous discussion on the topic, it's in the chapter comments under chapter 6.5. Trust me, I spent a fair bit of time debating with myself in addition to that, heh. Your input is truly appreciated as well though.

Fed-Kun's army
Ok, I was not expecting that, the raws are up to 44 chapters already :O

Thank you for this release. I hope you'll be okay despite the stuff going on this year 🙂

@sleepyfoxscanlations I always appreciate your thoughtful notes and explanations; I'm glad that you're still working on this series, it stands out to me because of how much you love it. 😄 I hope that the joint release arrangement works out well.

Group Leader
Aaah it's back! Thanks for the translation!
On another note, it's nice that you both are trying to settle this peacefully, and not just fighting over sniping or whatever.
Anyway, stay safe, and keep up the good work!

Even though it’s all fluffy and all. Pains me to see a society evolved almost entirely around work efficiency, so much so that people would need to hide their relationships in order for them to not waste time at work(in pursuit of work efficiency).

I have to say you are by far one of my favorite translators/scanlators that i have ever come across. I'm sad that i'm only coming across you now :p I absolutely adore you notes!! This series is super adorable. thank you so much for all of your hard work in bringing it to us!! I feel like we need it now more than ever ♥

Hi, Just stumbled upon this manga and I'd just like to say thank you very much for the scans 🥺😊 I really appreciate scanlators taking the time to do these. And your work is very awesome BTW. Really enjoying the notes at the end 😊

Users who are viewing this thread