Can You Keep a Secret? - Vol. 3 Ch. 21 - Gloomy

Tysm for the chapters, always love these little tl notes at the end of your scans keep it up!

Dex-chan lover
thanks for the chapter again as always and i think this is the first time i dont know what youre referencing in your end card

Group Leader
@gregger Thanks for sharing your experience— things like that always remind me of how many different walks of life people who enjoy manga (and the like) come from.

@yummyyummy Always glad to see a comment from you too! I was referring to a beginner Blender tutorial course by Blender Guru that involves the creation of a donut.

@gabrielaguilar519 Sorry, but with the last two slow releases I've actually fallen about two more chapters further behind... I'm now lagging behind the raws by 39 chapters (though I work off volumes, the gap is still massive there too). That's why I really want to increase my release rate without impinging on my learning time somehow x.x.

@gregger I always hear "market research" and can understand the whole premise. But how does a company/businessman/woman actually do that? If you don't mind me asking, what's the steps they take?

Fed-Kun's army
Ughh I would hate to go job hunting in a place like Japan. That hiring season sounds like a peer pressure nightmare.

- Blender
- Donuts
Ah I see 😊 Every 3d modellers have to create a donut once in their lives!
P/s: no don't take it too seriously

Dex-chan lover
Wondering what languages Sleepy fox is learning, I recommend Spanish, its my 3rd language and its grammar is different than English but its similar to some Asian languages, overall very fun language and you can watch dora the explorer without subtitles, which is kind of a flex.

Thanks for the translation!

Dex-chan lover
@sleepyfoxscanlations
Yeah dude, manga is my form of relaxing after work. Work tends to bog me down, and hobbies like gaming really take up too much time for me to relax to. Reading manga at least can be pretty casual and it helps in forgetting the stress of work quickly. Thanks for the translation again!

@Grimson-Gurdian
Lol forgive me, but market research is usually done by a different department from us since we're the ones who just usually handle the branding. But from what I've gotten from my friends there is usually they go out and get samples of the target markets and do some preliminary tests on what the audience likes/dislikes in whatever product they are trying to sell.

So for example, let's say the company wants to roll out a new product. One of the first things they need to know is SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats) to know how to market the product effectively.
One of our products which I handled was a "healthy soda" (which I need to tell you guys not to buy lmao it's just soda without sugar), so the research group went out and did evaluations of the current market of "healthy soda" options and asked buyers what they preferred within the choices. After narrowing it down to what the SWOT says, then they can sort of create a guideline to what we in the branding team should consider when creating the packaging. There's probably more stuff I missed, but from seeing their research first hand, those are usually the important information we usually need.

Hope this helps hehe

@gregger very huge thanks :D , it was veryyy insightfully, if you don't mind 1 final Question, so the SWOT guys go and seek, like, lots of opinions from the general public or from people who are kind of like experts in the field?

Dex-chan lover
@Grimson-Gurdian
Well depends on what they're trying to achieve with their research. Usually if they want opinions from the general public, they usually do focus testing where they get a sample of randoms within a certain age group/buying power to get some feedback to see if it's something they would consider buying and then tweak the product accordingly.
Usually they only get experts when its in the development/conceptual phase since they need 2nd opinions on what works or doesn't.

Usually the data that goes to us in the branding team are from an already finished product. We generally don't like to fully brand anything that hasn't been fully fleshed out because lets say the client has a last minute change in what they want their product to be, that's additional time wasted for us since we have to re-develop the branding to fit into the new demands of the client.

So the sequence usually goes Product development/research > Testing + Brand development (studies on what the final product will look like) > Product testing with market > Revisions (tweaks if necessary) > Product ready for market

Do you work for a product company? haha sounds like something you'd be interested in applying to

Dex-chan lover
IDk what the reference was, but I could do with some donuts. Also, thanks for your hard work!

Wholesome chapter, I can really deeply relate to how depressing it feels. Thanks for your hard work!

@gregger amazinggg inf, thank you :D. not in a product company but I tried making something, never got traction. it was a pretty dull idea but there were duller products on the market.

Users who are viewing this thread