Candy & Cigarettes - Vol. 3 Ch. 10 - A Formidable Girl

Dex-chan lover
Translations are back? That was a pleasant surprise.

Also, the headcount in this chapter is almost as high as the rest of the manga.

Contributor
If you want a good laugh, try reading this side-to-side with the other translation.

Thanks @royal for providing an intelligible translation.

I appreciate the intentions by the other group but I'm glad I waited for this version. Good job as always, Royal and Fallen Angels.

Dex-chan lover
@DexHaunter , yeah it can be kind of weird when a main translator leaves a series for months on end and right when someone else decides to do a chapter, suddenly they're back to translating the series again...

Group Leader
@DexHaunter
Believe it or not, I returned from hiatus and completed the translation for this chapter a few days before the other group's release. Due to the timing I understand why our release may seem like a response to theirs, and at first I even asked the FA editors to not bother releasing because I didn't want people to think that. This manga was fair game for anyone to claim after 8 months of inactivity and I was completely willing to step aside if the other group's work was legitimate. I only changed my mind when I actually read their release and found much of their translation to be incorrect or fabricated, after which we decided to release ours after all.

@Arlo
Whatever you may think of FA's work on other projects, please understand that this one was brought to them by me and that I am solely responsible for the lengthy hiatus/return.

@Royal - Glad to see you're back \o/. And yes I agree with your point. It's fair game indeed but at the same time, it was really hard for me to understand their translation. I'm still grateful for them for taking the Manga before but wished it could have been better. Anyway, thank you very much again for your work and hope things are looking good for you now. P.S. I hope there will be new chapters for Love Lab too soon.

Am I blind or did she jump off a ~7-story building and take no damage at all?

Also thanks for the readable release

*Laughs in parkour roll*
*Realizes it won’t work if you’re too high*
*Dies*

Double-page supporter
I kinda feel sorry for the other group, but their translation WAS awful, and this is better by leagues. That said, I think the "how dramatic" doesn't work as well as the "you're exaggerating". From the perspective of "how would he word it" it sounds more believable, but the way Apple Guy responds to it makes less sense to me. Apple Guy seems to respond by saying something along the lines of "no, I'm not exaggerating, we're taking this level of precaution because that girl is a monster" by saying "how dramatic" he isn't really setting up to be told "no". A response like "Maybe, but" or "She's not just a grade schooler...", or instead of "how dramatic" saying something that warrants a "no" like "isn't that excessive?" would work better. Not that I'm a professional, or that those phrases would sit right with the personalities. I think though that this was the only spot where the translation even slightly fumbled, everything else was very well done.

Complaint about the TR Quality and the one group who could've given consistent release left . Now no more updates . RawLH has the raws read the best arc from there now random stranger who wants the next chapters .

people who complain about TR quality from new groups fked another manga , fkin retards .

Users who are viewing this thread