Cannot read any manga chapters :fixed:

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm unable to read any manga on mangadex. Everything was normal yesterday but today the chapter image just keep on loading.
On safari, the images is unable to load.
On phone, it took way too long just to load an single image.
I tried setting the data saver to original images and clear cache/history but nothing work.

Dex-chan lover
@heat555 Could be that you access MD at peak time. For me personally nothing loads from about 8pm to 2-3 am next day, and mods confirmed it's basically peak time in South East Asia area.

Try at other times to see how it goes. Try other browsers as well. If the problem persists regardless of time or browser, maybe head over to Discord and contact the mods there for an easier and faster talk

Any help or trick for this? It's been 4 days I cant read any manga with the long strip setting.. the images appear with the single page settings.. but almost each page i have to tap the setting and single button again..
Really tiring experience..i read on ipad btw...thank you if anyone can help

Same issue for me. The image load normally on phone and computer but not on iPad. For now the best solution is that you load all of the pages in the long strip setting, then switch to single page and the image will apear normally.
If you want to read it in long strip mode then just switch back to long strip again after doing the above to read normally.
Sometimes it worked, sometimes it doesn't.

It's the opposite..i cant load any page with the long strip setting..but it load with the single...but almost every page i have to tap the single button again each time i change page...
Havent tried at computer but yes it works on phone...
Hope someone can fix this.. as ipad is my primary device for reading manga

Ipad is my prefer reading device as well. While the phone worked, it screen is too small so it's really hard to read the words. It's very straining on my eyes.
As for the long strip problem, what I mean is that even though the long strip mode doesn't load any images, you should still scroll down until all pages appear (for example: instead of loading 5/24 pages, you should load all of the page 24/24). It will still have the "loading white circle" but you just need to scroll down to the final page. After that, switch to single page and the image will appear just like you said. However, this time all of the images will load normally so you can click on to the next page and read manga without having to constantly switching back and forth between single and long mode. After doing all of these, if you prefer to read manga in long strip then switch back from one page setting to long strip setting. All of the image will be available now.
This is a temporary solution but I hope that this explaination is somewhat helpful to your problem. I too, hope that the ipad problem will be resolve soon.

well this is the only post remotely similar to what happened to me except its exclusive to my android tablet i can't read any chapter they all show the error [ image# failed to load, tap to reload] exept occasionally showing the first credits page and when i reload the page even that is gone the strange thing is it still works when i enter mangadex from my laptop! just what happened? ah by the way this has been happening for the past 12 hours or so 😭

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
@ssss

Device:
OS + version:
Browser + version
Whether you've got any adblockers/script blocking/anything unusual installed as a browser add-on:
If you're using an ISP with a history of blocking things:
Have you switched your DNS servers:
If you've tried a VPN:
Have you tried MD in an incognito tab:
Have you tried MD in a different browser:
Have you cleared site data/cookies for MD:

@BraveDude8

Device: alactel one touch
OS + version: Android version 5.1
Browser + version: chrome 85.0.4183.127
Whether you've got any adblockers/script blocking/anything unusual installed as a browser add-on: none
If you're using an ISP with a history of blocking things: our internet providers here only block offensive sites they never touched mangadex before plus the chapters show up just fine on my laptop so it is likely just the tablet that has this issue
Have you switched your DNS servers: nope
If you've tried a VPN: long before the issue happened then deleted it
Have you tried MD in an incognito tab: the same issue remained
Have you tried MD in a different browser: not yet
Have you cleared site data/cookies for MD: no

edit: just after i finished writing this i tried again on the chaps they started appearing properly again...just how did that happen?! not even an hour or less ago they were all the same [ image# failed to load, tap to reload] lppdpelpoded!?@@?!?@??@ just what?!

Dex-chan lover
@ssss do the last 2 items
- try a different browser
- clear MD's site data
And sees how it goes

@Yatsuki thank you for the suggestions and also sorry if this was a waste of time since it somehow got resolved on its own with me being extremely confused by it in the end.(i only wish it actually worked last night when i was binge reading my favorites T-T)

though it might be needless now i tried the last 2 items like you said just to check if it worked on other browsers: it worked pretty well on them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread