Capture the Golem and Escape Poverty

Aggregator gang
@dtim
This is much better than the description makes it sound.
Not by much.

We get all the super generic Korean plot devices popular with this genre:
- Poor MC overworking himself with physical labour.
- To financially support his family member(s) MC just has to bear it and humble himself even when others put him down.
- Thing happens, making money situation even more dire.
- Dungeons/aliens/dimensional rift event happens.
- MC gets some power when risking his life to earn that sweet dosh.
- Uses newly found power to make money whilst defeating enemies.

Now tell me I didn't just describe how 90% of all these Manhwa start.

Not to mention, the characters are pretty dumb and the MC isn't even the fun, over the top kind of edgy, just the cringy *glowing red eyes* "I'm gonna destroy that golem" kind.

Fed-Kun's army
@Degernase
The start is absolutely generic. But that's true of 90% of manga in general not just Korean of this particular genre.

What I like about the series is that the fights do a fair job of making it seem like a struggle for the characters. Compared to Solo Leveling and the like where the MC just completely dominates after gaining his powers. That can be fun to read for a while but gets boring fast for me. YMMV.

@dtim

Solo leveling ain't like that they been foreshadowing why he got op so fast. You ain't following the story quite right.

that new guy feels like a piece of shit. Saved him twice and he wants you to earn money for him? What is this bullshit

Damn was really hoping he would do that “save yourself” option over “save the world”

Not worth the read. Despite the interesting start, the script is lazy and all chars are dumb af.

Reading through it, I don't know how you manage to make an interesting premise boring, but here we are.

Honestly I think that that guy who wants the MC to carry him should just die. That was the dumbest character in the series.

Group Leader
Currently slow because of my exams but will return soon? We have ch ready somewhat and waiting for qc. -> for anyone wondering why this series has been slow :pray:

Double-page supporter
why the fuck does everyone think they need to keep every random piece of information secret? who cares, just say he's your childhood friend. And why is it bad if lots of people know how to get the stone hand, why does the mc care about monopolizing that? Against monsters made of stone, it's not even as good as modern weaponry. Why wouldn't he try selling the special black rock? this webcomic is kinda retarded.

kinda just crossing my fingers and hoping black-red edgelord A and white-blue edgelord B beat each other up and become friends in a shounen-esque development because i am honestly getting bored of this MC :/

if you tilt your head a bit this entire thing is partially his fault so how is he not thinking too much about it??? no crippling guilt? no anxiety? no sadism? the escalation is pretty slow, there's not much pressure, and he doesn't seem to have much of an ambition/goal now that he has money. hopefully it'll pick up in future chapters, but my expectations are really low considering how bland the MC and the monster designs are.

Dex-chan lover
This one had real potential at the start but so far, the story isn't interesting, the characters aren't, the fights aren't, the powers aren't. Everyone is kinda dumb, their reasons are dumb, their attitude is dumb. It's incredibly "shonen" and not in the Inuyasha or Conan way, in the "this is too stupid to think anyone would ever do it" way. Maybe in like 100 chapters it'll go somewhere good but as it is? I honestly can't see the writer pulling this out of the crap and making anything in it better. A lot of people will/have compared this to Solo Levelling, but that had at least the backbone of an ok story and characters and the art to hard carry it to where it's now getting to the interesting part, this doesn't have the same elements, it's not a fair comparison, in that the stories are fundamentally different, but even then it shows what this lacks to carry us into something better as the author matures into it.

Anyway that's my long way of saying, Dropped. Someone @ me if it ever gets good lmao

@InsertBagelRelatedPunHere The thing with solo leveling is that, the mc is an absolute badass, the side characters aren't the best but the action is great. Solo Leveling is basically "The mc is the coolest guy around" and that works really well.
But with this manga, the only interesting thing was the concept but even that wasn't all that great. It's like every other "Monster have invaded earth" manga but the monsters are all made out of stone. And there are some pretty dumb plot holes too. With monsters that drop God knows how many kilos of gold when killed, wouldn't the value of said gold fall super fast?

Dex-chan lover
@hhmmx Yeah the core concepts are kinda different which is why I tried to exclude the sheer difference of the MCs, it seems to me that this one aims more towards a "team" of people rather than the Solo levelling "MC is just god". But I suppose that is also a huge issue with this one, the MC just really doesn't feel strong and his main "goal" was just making money so he sort of lost his driving force as well(I mean the name is literally beat golem and escape poverty), there's nothing that carries him or anyone else, at least, right now. As far as the gold losing it's value, my understanding(probably wrong) was that this was only in Korea so the rest of the world might still be buying like crazy, maybe? Who knows, plot holes like that never get explained anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread