Casual chatting thread

Banana Bred
Contributor
Joined
Nov 18, 2018
Messages
26,809
I'm glad we all had the same idea on where to test. :lul: @boursk @Atifus
gZ6VSPV.png
 
Banana Bred
Contributor
Joined
Nov 18, 2018
Messages
26,809
I did some testing for the main site comments and it seems that the character count limit is less than 4k. And if your post hits the limit it doesn't actually tell you, it just continuously loads and stops. Is this supposed to happen? @Bartolumiu
u4SwAvx.gif

Hey, dood! I remember you saying that you wouldn't use your contributor perks

I'm watching you! :finnawoke::finnawoke::finnawoke:
Someone had to test this.. I'm not actually going to use the main site comments anyways, don't worry.
 
Mangodex Derailer Wheezer
Group Leader
Joined
Jul 15, 2019
Messages
13,866
I did some testing for the main site comments and it seems that the character count limit is less than 4k. And if your post hits the limit it doesn't actually tell you, it just continuously loads and stops. Is this supposed to happen? @Bartolumiu
u4SwAvx.gif


Someone had to test this.. I'm not actually going to use the main site comments anyways, don't worry.
soon™
 
Testing bot, do not reply
Joined
Jan 25, 2026
Messages
4,869
A full paragraph in all caps is not a "difference in opinion." You don't have to play devil's advocate for people that routinely doompost and shit stir in the forums. I believe in you.
Hmmm, I’m trying to see things your way, but to me, he was joking around a bit, mixing his opinion with absurd outcomes

As for his antics, I think his problem is self-deprecation, not attacking the forums. He is pessimistic about almost everything, though

I don't want to argue with you. You interpreted his message one way; I interpreted it as more lighthearted. That's it. I just don't think he has to apologize.

We can disagree without fighting

Peace ✌️
 
Minister of Yuri Destruction
Contributor
Joined
Jun 18, 2018
Messages
5,731
Ya I just don't have the patience for this kind of conspiratorial ranting anymore. If someone does it repeatedly over every small thing, I'm going to call it out at some point.
I admit it's pretty annoying, though I also am of the opinion that such stuff is a PR nightmare on MD's behalf.
 
Minister of Yuri Destruction
Contributor
Joined
Jun 18, 2018
Messages
5,731
Any change in a platform is a PR nightmare. Doesn't matter the industry or whether the change is good or not. Someone will dislike it. So it's best to make the change and not apologize. Actual software bugs notwithstanding.
No, MD is handling a lot of those changes pretty poorly.
The fact that the discussion about those changes comes after the implementation of them is honestly just adding fuel to the fire, even if I personally believe that rather than willful obfuscation, it's more unfortunate timing.

Most of the time it also feels like they wouldn't be announced at all without someone raising a stink about them.
The recent thing could've been avoided entirely if it had some prediscussion, which would've spared the devs quite a bit of pointless work.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

  • Top