Caught by the Villain - Ch. 1

@Ace435

So you're saying North Korean defectors who turn on their country are shitty people if the NK government decides to massacre their family line? Bullshit. When a government's laws violate human rights, those who disobey such laws are not morally responsible for the actions of the unjust government, especially if the government resorts to collective punishment. Running away from a kidnapper who decides to murder 10 hostages for your refusal to cooperate doesn't make you responsible in any way for the hostages deaths. A princess who refuses a political marriage isn't responsible if her refusal to marry causes an emperor to enslave or genocide her entire kingdom. None of the victims of an unjust government have any right to be angry at somebody refusing to sacrifice themselves.

All of you shitting on the brother are delusional. There's nothing morally wrong with conscientious objection to conscription.

Fed-Kun's army
@InvertibleMatrix so the thing is my friend. This fucking "brother" of hers, ran away, not because he was scared of conscription, but because he wanted to elope with someone. He ran away and condemned his entire FUCKING family to death. Just because he loved someone. I'm not saying that this law is good or morally correct. It's not. It's a draconian law. However, no matter what, you should at least KNOW about the law, and follow it unless you have a good reason NOT too. North Koreans have a good reason to try to defect, they are treated extremely poorly. however in this manhwa, this empire isn't one to treat it's citizens poorly from what I see, Love is not a good reason to break a law that constitutes the death of your FLESH and BLOOD. There's nothing morally wrong with conscientious objection to conscription (as long as it's done because it is unjust), as you said. however, it is morally wrong to condemn your family to death, just because you wanted to elope with someone. Your family, no matter what. should be more important above all else. I fucking hate my family. but i would not condemn them because of a friend. Theres a difference between liking someone, and being loyal to someone. you don't have to like your family, but you most definitely should be loyal to them (unless they are terrible as in physically abusive or all that jazz).

tl;dr No. the brother is entirely in the morally wrong here. Love is not a good enough reason to bring death and shame to your entire family

haha okay cut of ya brother's dick 😀

its not like theyre a poor family for him to not have lived well and wish for his family's demise, and because of that (their status) I have to assume they are also taught about the country, especially something as important as that???? lmao?? unless for some odd reason it was solely Selena who taught him and they didn't send in teachers
and it isnt like its forbidden to love either? or theyre not allowed to marry? did it say that somewhere? he JUST HAS TO NOT ENLIST cause you know death

also, it takes two to elope, Eye got my eye on you rOsE☠💩

Well......her education of love > money sure backfired. Should have stressed family alive > love while at it.

Dex-chan lover
Wheeze, yes love is important so die for me while I elope with my girl. 😍😘

That brother is such an ass.... or did he just not know he'll sentence his whole family to death with his actions?
If he didn't know, the family was at fault too tbh, for not educating him correctly... cause that's like frigging basic law he should have been taught...
If he knew and still decided to elope... he should just die. Sry, but yes. Go and die if t that's the case 💀

Interesting, I mean yeah such a conscription law sounds harsh and could devastate the Empire if you could manage it well you could relax the conscription in a later era. This kinda law was used as recently as the Soviet Union.

Dex-chan lover
Mission failed successfully? At least he learned the importance of love so that’s something.

Dex-chan lover
well I m not that sorry for mc bc all she did was see her brother as a responsibilty for her own survival rather than family but seeing your years of struggle was all naught would hit you hard

damn she should've beaten some sense of responsibility and street smarts into him instead

Double-page supporter
lol wtf kinda chump of a brother is that

maybe she bored him to death with all of those philosophical teachings

lmao we all thought the girl would take the initiative to turn in as a soldier but in fact the brother's became a simp which also still causes downfall to his whole family

Gros li Patus wwwwwww
(french)
(sorry c'est un peu grossophobe mais j'ai pas pu résister)

BTW, there is a point I can't understand that often occur in webtoons : why all orphaned protagonists get bullied because there are orphans??? Like, IRL orphans don't get bullied in the modern world??? Is the author being "lazy" or is it a real fact from Korea????

I'm surprised there's no revolution happening with laws like that, if that happened in real life it won't be long before the emperor to have any "accident" or is forced to abdicate lol.

@Yori-chan: From my experience watching Kdramas, orphans, people whose parents are divorced or raised by one single parent and people whose family member commit a crime even id they have nothing to do with it, are always looked down upon, or at least their circumstances will raise a few eyebrows.

It's very sad, but I don't know if real life in Korea is like that.

Users who are viewing this thread