Caught by the Villain - Ch. 16

Thanks for the update! FYI, the term "sir" is used for anyone knighted. Like "Sir Lancelot" or "Sir Ian Mckellen". It's quite common in novels. If you're referring to everyday situations where people call each other sir and ma'am, generally speaking it's used for people older than you or as a sign of respect in a business situation.

Dex-chan lover
Smart bastard.
He even got Sympathy from me.
I am surprise she still views the trash brother as family.

I like this alternate universe.

loooool xD now THAT'S a way to cause 'misunderstandings' :D

i get such strong mulan vibes from this xD

@NgọcTrai Everything about this comment was gold, but "he'll have you by the fake balls" really got me lmfao. But you're right! She has too many secrets to ever truly get away from him.

And gosh darn it I knew he was going to dangle her dad over her. He claimed to want to help Evan, but I knew in the face of what he wanted, that would only go so far.

@7Lotus I mean her trying to appear weak has already backfired, she should have chosen mediocrity. It is quite obvious that a son of the empire's hero is going to draw attention, so purposefully failing will only cause suspicions. Even if she thought nobody eill notice it, it is far better to be average,cause she won't be mocked or scouted. After all, negative attention is also an attention.
Well, that's not an argument, but she even believed in that cup of poisoned tea, which was a fairly obvious ploy to get sympathy. How else could he know exactly there is poison there and use it for presentation, how convenient.

The note that he “has a crush on her” was annoying. No, he doesn’t. He just wants her combat skills rn. To wield her as a sword/shield.

& even if he did have a romantic interest, it wouldn’t justify s***?? He’s blackmailing her with her father’s health. That’s not seggsy. & he’s doing everything w meticulous, callous intent to manipulate & coerce.
Hoow tf is he supposed to be an attractive love interest? 😩 Their power dynamic is already so one-sided. & he’s made of red flags 💀 🚩

Sure, you can try to justify his actions by saying it’s advantageous to be borderline sociopathic as a royal. Or by saying manipulation is a sign of competence. 😬 & yeah, i guess we’re conditioned to see powerful/wealthy men as attractive regardless of how they use their power/wealth. But. Ew???? 🤢

Why do combat capable female leads always have to be paired with MLs that hold power (social/financial/etc) over them?? 😫😩😩

K. That’s enough ranting. I’m just so disappointed. I kinda liked this FL. ☹️

Wow what an ass. I thought maybe he was different but man I don't like him at all.. I hope he changes or imma drop this

Irredeemably manipulative.

If he's the ML, the redemption arc better be amazing. If he's not the ML, then hope the author has a solid plan to detangle our FL from him.
I really hate how villains, that start off crazy far-sighted and intelligent get effed over by a half-assed, half-baked situation/plan that's more luck than anything...

@ohkimch
The note that he “has a crush on her” was annoying. No, he doesn’t. He just wants her combat skills rn. To wield her as a sword/shield.

it's just Dee's or Pree's (The Type Setters), most likely Dee's, fantasy. I'm sorry about the confusion. it's a joke

@Preeshera it's not my fault that Dee started fantasizing about Ignis calling our MC sire.

well it was intentional but it's still not my fault

Double-page supporter
I was thinking that he might discover she's a woman after the hug. Because...y'know...her chest.

I'm loving the prince's character. Manipulative and clever, but willing to work with Celestine. He's probably going to try to make thar year of service forever as time goes on.

But now, misunderstanding time.

Dex-chan lover
@solonit you might be as paranoid, but I don’t think you’d be as stupid as the MC. First step to time travel isekai, try and change the past in a noticeable and drastic way to ensure future changes of similar/less drastic proportions will be possible?

@Firemorfox Outside reader has better hindsight. Being isekai'd is always first-time experience and non-document for the insider. It's rather on paranoid side than tricking red flags.

Long-strip supporter
AH YA, I GUESSED RIGHT! dude faked the whole thing for guilty points to get the MC

Users who are viewing this thread