Caught by the Villain

I am in chapter 30, its pretty boring. The fighting is not even good, the romance is not good. Only psychos are around. and yet there is the audacity to do the interruption scenes.

Dex-chan lover
This manga completely failed me on the first couple of pages with outstanding idiocy.

I wouldn't really consider this spoiling since it's the background info on literally the first pages, but putting them into spoiler tags for the sake of it:

The background story goes as such:
"The kingdom of Hilton became the Faust Empire, and Nox du Hilton became Nox Li Faust and appointed himself the title of First Emperor. However, the heir to the throne, the Crown Prince, was too weak and the noblemen were not loyal enough to support him. In order to hold on the title of Crown Prince, one needs to possess an incredible amount of power.
In response to this turmoil, an army was made to act under the supervision of the Emperor.
All men over the age of 18 must be conscripted"

So... first of all... how did it come to be that the Crown Prince and the Emperor didn't have a freaking army? Didn't they just win a 200 year war? What nobles would even dare question the crown prince of an emperor who ended and won a 200 year war? The nobles from the country they hailed from would undoubtedly be on their side as they just won and normally they would purge the enemy nobles completely. Why would the old nobles not be loyal? Or why would any of the spared nobles from the conquered country dare to question their new emperor and his crown prince? How come they could only solve this by raising A NEW ARMY?

And furthermore, "ALL MEN over the age of 18 must be conscripted." That in itself is a huge problem as well.. what about blacksmiths? Hunters? Carpenters? Merchants? Coal/iron miners? Lumberjacks? Is this a case where 100% of men are turned into solders and the women had to take over when it comes to all other facets of an empire?

This is just so extremely dumb. To have such outstanding plot holes... on the very first pages.

Idk if this counts as spoiler but
gosh do I hate dementia, it’s such a horrible disease. And the worst thing is that it can happen to anyone without warning. I cried when she saved her father in the forest. And I actually hope that they magicaly manage to cure it. It probably wouldn’t happen since it wouldn’t be realistic but it pains me to see them suffer from something incurable

I just want to say there is so much inherent homoerotism in the trope of FL crossdresses and everyone starts fawning over her. Not that I hate it but that basically makes all the male love interests so far bisexual and I don't think the author realizes that lmao.

Looks promising art is ok, story pretty good for gender-bender. Want to see what happens later in the story, keep up the good work.

@Narha idk if you missed it, but they were explaining about the history of the empire and how the tradition of recruiting all men over 18 started. The 200 year long war ended 100 years ago (so not the same Emperor or crown prince today), but the recruiting tradition started back then and was still practiced in this story’s timeline.

Dex-chan lover
@shazeliqa
Nowhere does it mention that it was a 100 years after the 200 year war, on the first page where it begins explaining the backstory.
And I don't know if you missed it, even if that is the case, it doesn't change how the backstory is a bunch of idiotic nonsense. Or how a conscription of ALL MALES OVER 18 is pretty dumb.

Can somebody please tell me if the novel is translated??? And if yes, where can I find the novel.

The whole ch. 13 is a big "oh f**k" moments and I love it!!!!
Can't wait until they find out she's a girl 🥰🥰

Fed-Kun's army
When does he actually discover her identity ?
I read spoilers that it happens very very very close to the end and that makes the title super stupid since it insinuates that it happens early one. Having a title describing an event that happens at the end is silly. I hope the spoiler I read is wrong ...

@cnd Ok, first define the gender bender tag without Bias, then tell me how this is gender bender and not just cross dressing.

the title is just wrong
he and his butler are literally the last person to discover her identity it takes him till chapter 114 i believe and 122 is the epilogue when some charackters in chapter 40 are already hinting at her identity
and he ist not realy a villain... his actions end up branding him as one but thise are two different things because all his villainous actions came literaly out of exploiting the schemes that were laid against him....
if you were to insist on it then he is "a villain out of self defence"
and personaly i dont think you can be a villain without being the cause before the effect atleast once

then again, now the title might actualy hold because some big antagonists in this story actualy discovered her identity much sooner than ignis i believe.
but they dont spout the white hair on the cover

Users who are viewing this thread