Chainsaw Man - Ch. 122 - The Prophecies

Contributor
War devil will get everyone in July?
Nah, this author would not take this low hanging fruit.
She would probably be the one to save Denji and power of love and shit.

i see a lot of people saying its the death devil, but wouldn't the suicide devil make more sense

Double-page supporter
Is this the first time we learned the series it set during the turn of the century?
After part 1? Yes. We did learn that the Public Safety Arc took place in '97 during the battle against the Gun Devil and Makima, but we never knew when this part specifically took place until now.

Dex-chan lover
7 more baby lets goooooo

can the famine devil get diabetes though

i see a lot of people saying its the death devil, but wouldn't the suicide devil make more sense
Fami specified it as a "Primal Fear" and the fear of death is much greater than the fear of suicide. And both Fami & Yoshida are talking about the topic of death
And this devil has noticeable features I noticed such as:

• Bucky's wings
  • Yuko's headless body (hence the leaf sticking out)
  • For the arms, possibly the ppl that just died in this chapter
And all three of them died throughout this story with Asa.

SPOILER_FqoHSn2XoAA_1VQ.png

And death could be described in a meta way, as a character's death could affect the Death Devil as the story goes on.

Also one more thing, Fami did mention that the 7 people will die, and I remember another chapter that mentions that 7 people will die.

chainsawman_101_11.jpg

Double-page supporter
I don’t think it’s the Death Devil. That would imply something killed Death.

Double-page supporter
Fami specified it as a "Primal Fear" and the fear of death is much greater than the fear of suicide. And both Fami & Yoshida are talking about the topic of death
And this devil has noticeable features I noticed such as:

• Bucky's wings
  • Yuko's headless body (hence the leaf sticking out)
  • For the arms, possibly the ppl that just died in this chapter
And all three of them died throughout this story with Asa.

SPOILER_FqoHSn2XoAA_1VQ.png

And death could be described in a meta way, as a character's death could affect the Death Devil as the story goes on.

Also one more thing, Fami did mention that the 7 people will die, and I remember another chapter that mentions that 7 people will die.

chainsawman_101_11.jpg
After googling it here's a list of humanity primal fears:

Social Phobia (think of it like Bocchi the rock)

Death

Darkness

Ego death (fear of humiliation)

It could be one of the three, as darkness devil has made appearances before in part 1.
Considering that you've mention Bucky's "wings", I'm leaning towards humiliation devil as Asa was humiliated after she accidentally killed bucky. Hence that's why I think Yoru said this is a battle she can't win: you can't win if Asa hates (fear) of being humiliated.

Hell even samurai in feudal Japan prefer to commit suicide than be humiliated after losing battle. So yeah I believe this is humiliation devil.

Dex-chan lover
official japanese version : https://shonenjumpplus.com/episode/4856001361023709393

page 1 :
- hunger devil : give me 30 servings of food . im the hunger devil , so of course im always in hunger . i have a bottomless stomach . don't make me HUNGRY . You wouldn't like me when I'm HUNGRY .

octopus boy is a very busy boy : he had a loving date with denji , then he had a date with asa in the club room , and now he has a date with hungry devil , lol .

• octopus boy : ... kiga-senpai . no . "kiga no akuma" , should i call you with that name ?
  • famine devil : "kiga-chan" , call me with that name .
( kiga literally means hunger / hungry / famine in japanese )

page 4 :
  • octopus boy : ... nostradamus 's great prophecies ... , terror 's great demon king ( daimaoh ) will descent ...
  • me : the daimaoh ? this manga will be turning into a fantasy magical isekai ? then who will be the yuusha / brave hero ?

- random man : if i can not own a car , what is the point of living anymore ? lets jump .

page 13 : the jumping peoples and the apartment building in the back-ground dont match . 2 peoples dont have the lower half of their bodies . i guess because 1 assisstant drew the peoples , and another assisstant drew the back-ground .

• war devil : ... the mighty sword of the mighty ruler ...
  • OMG , that name sounds so cool . ruler is a person who rules or governs; someone that exercises dominion or controlling power over others , right ?
  • war devil : er , no . in this case , ruler is a rigid , flat, rectangular measuring or drawing device with graduations in units of measurement; a straightedge with markings . i will use this ruler to spank the butt of that devil .

last page :
- war devil : the most bestest stratagem in the 36 stratagems is : if all else fails, RUN FOR YOUR LIFE . ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thirty-Six_Stratagems )

Users who are viewing this thread