Chainsaw Man - Ch. 159 - Attack on Samurai

Dex-chan lover
Ah, so it's like that, huh. I understand everything, now.
Doesn't get it at all
While I'm waiting for the site I get raws from to add this chapter of CSM, I noticed that this chapter's name is "Attack on Samurai" and suspected that it was a riff on "Attack on Titan".

In Japan, though, "Attack on Titan" is the subtitle for the work, and it's still written in English. The title, and how I've normally seen it referred to by the Japanese, is 進撃の巨人, or "[Advancing/Charging] Giants", with 進撃 meaning something like a military charge. 進撃 modifies 巨人 (meaning "giant") as an adjective via the "possessive particle" の (I'm explaining this because I've seen people try to understand the Japanese title as if the English subtitle is a translation of it-- it isn't).

What made me suspect that the Japanese chapter title was 進撃の侍 (侍 meaning "samurai"), was Katana Man charging through a wall; though at the time of my original comment I misremembered the charge that 進撃 refers to as a general charge (it's in fact a military-type charge, i.e. an advance-and-attack), there's still the fact that he charges through a wall... like the Armored Titan charges through a wall in chapter 2 of AOT.

If my suspicion of the Japanese title's correct, the translator interpreted it as a riff on 進撃の巨人 and so sought to carry this predicted intention by riffing the English title of the work (because English readers are presumably more familiar with that title).

EDIT: My suspicion was wrong, the chapter title is 「アッタクオンサムライ」, which is just a katakana render of the English "Attack on Samurai".

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
kicking ur siblings shit is what i expect from the horsewomen family

Group Leader
What a piece of shit of a man lol, also it's funny how Asa is kicking Fami to attack and also get her out of the way xD

Fed-Kun's army
While I'm waiting for the site I get raws from to add this chapter of CSM, I noticed that this chapter's name is "Attack on Samurai" and suspected that it was a riff on "Attack on Titan".

In Japan, though, "Attack on Titan" is the subtitle for the work, and it's still written in English. The title, and how I've normally seen it referred to by the Japanese, is 進撃の巨人, or "[Advancing/Charging] Giants", with 進撃 meaning something like a military charge. 進撃 modifies 巨人 (meaning "giant") as an adjective via the "possessive particle" の (I'm explaining this because I've seen people try to understand the Japanese title as if the English subtitle is a translation of it-- it isn't).

What made me suspect that the Japanese chapter title was 進撃の侍 (侍 meaning "samurai"), was Katana Man charging through a wall; though at the time of my original comment I misremembered the charge that 進撃 refers to as a general charge (it's in fact a military-type charge, i.e. an advance-and-attack), there's still the fact that he charges through a wall... like the Armored Titan charges through a wall in chapter 2 of AOT.

If my suspicion of the Japanese title's correct, the translator interpreted it as a riff on 進撃の巨人 and so sought to carry this predicted intention by riffing the English title of the work (because English readers are presumably more familiar with that title).

EDIT: My suspicion was wrong, the chapter title is 「アッタクオンサムライ」, which is just a katakana render of the English "Attack on Samurai".
so in the end, the riff was made, just not by the guy you thought

Thank you for explanation!

:wooow:

Dex-chan lover
discount kobeni uses the pronoun "boku" .

- random cop guy : ... ore am ... , jijii , ... kami-sama ...

- war devil : ... kuso yarou ...

- katana hybrid : ... kuso ...

- famine devil : ... guillotine-chan ...

katana hybrid and war devil are using wall-hack ? lol .
how can each of them know the exact location of the other behind a thick wall ?

Users who are viewing this thread