Chainsaw Man - Ch. 171 - Special Division 5

Dex-chan lover
Barem is absolutely bleeding as he gets his head ripped off, just maybe not as much as you expect him to.

I think at least two of them will actually live long enough to leave an impact, but I think the real point of this chapter besides badass illustrations of black Chansaw Man is Asa/Yoru's reaction shots and what she does from here.
I realized that on a re-read, but it really isn't that much-and did you see the way his neck stretched and warped? That shit was not how skin works.

Dex-chan lover
DAAAAAAAAMN the dudes neck getting all stretched and gnarly like that was sick af, gotta hand it to Fujimoto, that was some damn fire artwork

Remember when during the control devil arc we got to see all the other hybrids and Chainsaw Man solo’d them? I doubt these guys are even that strong
It depends on what purpose they are supposed to accomplish.

Fujimoto's writing style doesn't use a lot of fodder characters and they tend to have some plot relevance to some degree. For example, we thought that the weapon hybrids were a done-and-forgot type of characters but here we are with them being somewhat part of the plotline.

Similarly, I vaguely remember FirePunch included similar writing where some characters were introduced out of the blue and became part of the narrative.

Who knows what are their relevance to the plot? We still have the devils loyal to Pochita/Chainsaw-Man that was introduced in the past. Maybe they are fiends created from them? And one of them looked like a fiend created from the bat devil.

Dex-chan lover
I think at least two of them will actually live long enough to leave an impact, but I think the real point of this chapter besides badass illustrations of black Chansaw Man is Asa/Yoru's reaction shots and what she does from here.
What I could imagine is that
1. the chick is power reincarnated
2. this serves to have yoru watch as CSM wrecks them to have her run away, acknowledging CSM is stronger.
I think #2 could happen because it'd split the yoru team apart from denji again, which has been the dynamic of part 2.

Dex-chan lover
haven't read any of this a few months , decided to give it a try to see if it was still shit fully expecting it to still be shit , but based this chapter is alright.
Fuck Makima, the fact she doesn't remember her crimes doesn't make her less guilty. Glad she got what's was coming to her.

Dex-chan lover
oh neat look at all these new people that will probably cease to exist next chapter

Dex-chan lover
When I think about it, it's ok to have special freaks team if the hero in it, they become just a group of misunderstood people. When it's the opposing side, man, they look evil as fuckk

Still probably just mooks to be wasted to show how awesome berserk mode csm tho

Double-page supporter
disc-chainsaw-man-ch-171-links-v0-mynxg113cwcd1.jpeg

Sad Power noises...

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, people kept fucking him over, figuratively and literally, Denji could not live a normal life because fuckers like the Church and the Public Safety pieces of shit kept turning his life into a living nightmare.
I would not be surprised if Denji just ends humanity and Devils by the end of the manga.
Or maybe the chainsaw devil will erase himself, or maybe he will erase all devils from existence with his chainsaw.
If you think about it, if the Chainsaw Devil just erases himself and all devils from existence, then we end up with a world just like ours. Maybe then Denji would be able to live a free, simple life and probably really poor and painful life.

Yeah, people kept fucking him over, figuratively and literally, Denji could not live a normal life because fuckers like the Church and the Public Safety pieces of shit kept turning his life into a living nightmare.
I would not be surprised if Denji just ends humanity and Devils by the end of the manga.
Or maybe the chainsaw devil will erase himself, or maybe he will erase all devils from existence with his chainsaw.
If you think about it, if the Chainsaw Devil just erases himself and all devils from existence, then we end up with a world just like ours. Maybe then Denji would be able to live a free, simple life and probably really poor and painful life.
If he ate the human devil, there wouldn't be any humans anymore. Hmm, a human devil would be interesting.

Dex-chan lover
I know Denji ain't smart and wouldn't think before he emotionally react, but I wonder if he gave her blood would that not revive her?

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, about as much as I'd expected from Denji after he saw Nayuta's head. At least he didn't go berserk and killed everyone else in the restaurant too.

Dex-chan lover
Didn’t even notice he was behind them until I read the comments lol, I thought it was another panel. :oooo:

Dex-chan lover
lol it just hit me that denji gets fucked by the church and the government. these institutions that reign over society are making him miserable. that's pretty funny. also I guess black csm is kind of an anarchist figure

Users who are viewing this thread