Chainsaw Man - Ch. 173 - Hard of Hearing

Dex-chan lover
That's it I'm putting my tinfoil hat on and calling it now -- sooner or later Denji will have to eat Asa, erasing war from existence, in order to win against Death and the age of devils; and in the end only Denji will remember Asa's existence. That thing about bringing back atomic bombs is a red herring to throw the reader off the scent. Fami said that she needed black CSM and War in order to beat Death. That's gonna be the plot twist.

Dex-chan lover
Erasure of not just concepts, but physical reality. That is a step beyond than I expected.
I am now convinced Pochita is Death in disguise. Nobody seems to fear death in this world, and our hapless 'hero' is giving reality true death one evisceration at a time.
What is a chainsaw but a multitude of reaping blades?
“death” is referred to as the horseman’s elder sister. do you think pic hits is that sister?

Dex-chan lover
So they don’t immediately forget the concept?
Isnt stuff already digested gone for good?
If so, how can they even remember what to puke or CSM ate something.
Makima was the only one able to remember stuff like the nazis

Dex-chan lover
I called it last chapter, the whole thing was an experiment to see how the devil erasure mechanism works. Public safety wants to use Pochitaman for something, probably erasing Death. I do wonder tho why don't they work together with the Church, they seem to share an objective. And why so interested in restoring erased devils? To beef uf War by puking up nukes and ww2 and the part of War Chainsaw ate? Again an objective they share with the Church (which is basically Fami). Maybe they just object to the Church's methods, but now that the fire devil thing was done anyways, they may as well collaborate? Or I'm wrong and Public safety has different objectives (capture Death instead of defeating it?)

Btw fire chapter again, peak CSM.

Dex-chan lover
Interesting. So the Ear Devil is important. Guessing he has A LOT of Intel.
Why do you think that? I'd say they used him as a guinea pig exactly because he's not important, like all the devils in that squad they basically sacrificed.

Dex-chan lover
wow, crybabies crying about "nothing happening" in a chapter with new insane devil and confirmation of concept of "puking out erased concepts". I hope BCSM eats crybaby devil next, and digest it properly.
No! Not the Devil Man Crybaby!

Dex-chan lover
How did Team C in the bathroom hear the instructions over the radio?
The outer ear only amplifies sounds, the inner ear is the part that actually does the sound detection. I'm guessing the inner ears stayed put because people think outer ear when they think of ears, so that's what was erased.

Aggregator gang
The outer ear only amplifies sounds, the inner ear is the part that actually does the sound detection. I'm guessing the inner ears stayed put because people think outer ear when they think of ears, so that's what was erased.
That's fine, but then why is it so inconsistent with other people not being able to hear?

Dex-chan lover
That's fine, but then why is it so inconsistent with other people not being able to hear?
Well you can only kinda sorta hear, it has to be loud. And you're not exactly expecting to lose your ears, so it probably takes a while to get used to how low volume everything is.

One thing I would note is that Public safety expected this, they knew every devil in that first squad was a likely candidate for deletion. They obviously planned this whole thing very meticulously, so it would be a bit silly to not take any counter-measures for losing your ears. An earphone in the ear canal or a visual cue of some sort. Although Fujimoto didn't show anything like that, so I might just be overthinking all of this, the inner-outer ear thing included.

Users who are viewing this thread