Chainsaw Man - Vol. 10 Ch. 82 - A Balanced Breakfast

This is so hard to read right now with with all that's happens so far, I literally cried in the last chapter

Fed-Kun's army
If you still like Makima you have problems. She better not be getting a redemption arc or some shitty sad backstory that we're supposed to sympathize with.

Anyway, I don't think Power's dead. I think Denji's going to go to hell again and kill her devil form there so she reincarnates into the human world again.

Dex-chan lover
Makima is a fascinating, yet terrible, character. So, even though I don't like her, I can see why someone might, and to insist someone is wrong or mentally unwell for liking her is pretty dumb.

Tho more on topic -- I am. Sobbing. So much.

the fact that there are people out there who unironically say stuff like "makima best girl" is beyond me, how can anyone like such an overtly terrible person to that point? guess us weebs dont really the best taste in women

Dex-chan lover
dude makima is such an amazing villain, i love her character, but she is a fucking SICK human, i fucking love this manga
also power isnt dead, i REFUSE ;_;

Yep Makima is a very well done character. That at first seemed okayish buthas slowly shown her true colors.

Lets not forget that the Author has shown a lot of people straight up fear Makima. She has always been shown to be kind of messed up as well. Even from the start.

Also now that I think about it, why was such a powerful person near Denji when he converted? Now that doesn't seem as a coincidence and more like something she planned from the start.

Well... this is a letdown.

Her motivation.

"To destroy everything that will ever make you happy" and "to atone for your sins".

Would be nice to have more than just that...

@DeathDonut This ain't a normal shonen, she's probably not gonna drop all her backstory in one chapter. That'd be dumb as hell, especially since she went out of her way to keep everyone in the dark till now.

@DeathDonut you even read the chapter properly? Her main motivation is to get the saw doggo, which is achieve by making him going through all that fuck up shit so they'll be separate somehow.

There's definitely no wrong in liking Makima, her goals are making quick use of Denji or so it seems, she's really scary.

Damn, I can't help but feel sorry for him, he fell for the trap and got emotionally obliterated for it.

Double-page supporter
@AAAAAAAAAAAAA1 Idk, Fire Punch has the "main villain" dropping her entire motivation in a single chapter, and it was one of the dumbest things I've ever read in a manga. I wouldn't doubt for a single second if Makima said she wants to use the chainsaw devil to kill everyone on Earth and reset the universe because she didn't like the new Star Wars trilogy or whatever. Tatsuki's motivations simply can't be understood by the sane.

I am so sad that power is dead.

You might hope that she is actually alive or there is a way to revive her.

If you know anything about this author from "Fire Punch", you understand that death is like breakfast to him. He has been so merciful with "Chainsaw Man" until this point.

@jackasstheboom "Her main motivation is to get the saw doggo,"
No, her motivation is to break contract between Denji and the Pochita by trying to make Denji suffer. She doesn't exactly tell WHY she wants to do that. It's unknown whether the dog will remain, and there isn't exactly a reason to think she would even need it. That dog wasn't even strong in the first place. Given that Denji is dumb, it is doubtful she is even capable to inflict enough suffering on him, even if she summons every demon in existence. So... roundabout overly complicated plan for nonsensical reason. There has been a great buildup up to this point, but this is a major letdown. Oh, and in the end it is implied that Makina is the one who made Denji kill his father, and at that point he wasn't contracted to the dog.

@AAAAAAAAAAAAA1 " That'd be dumb as hell, " Well, the series are currently heading there.

@DeathDonut Found the speed reader, the doggo IS important seeing as Future alluded it as the devils that other devils fear the most, how Darkness (AKA a fucking PRIMAL) wanted it's heart) and that the last thing Devils hear before they die in Hell is the sound of the Chainsaw's engineer. Also no shit she doesn't tell him what her endgame is, she isn't an Isekai villain who's going to explain every single step of her plan in one chapter and do a surprised Pikachu face when she's stopped because hey, telling people your plans is dumb.

@AAAAAAAAAAAAA1 "Found the speed reader" I've been reading the damn thing since chapter one, thank you. Been, what a year? Ah yeah, exactly a year since the start.

"telling people your plans is dumb." And yet she told about her plans about the contract to Denji.

Makima also has some sort of hypnosis power which seems to work on pretty much everyone, can kill peolpe remotely by sacrificing someone (happened around the time with puppet invasion), and apparently can kill Power, despite both Power and Denji being equally unkillable. Because Denji and Power were being trained by that old guy who had no qualms stabbing them dead and they kept reviving.
So this doesn't really make sense.

I can't see this development as anything as a major screwup. There has been a great buildup to this moment. And instead of proper culmination, it ends with a mess and cheap plot device.

Bruh moment. Told myself don't be too attached when reading this. I got too attached with Power. :|

Fed-Kun's army
I wonder why Makima wants to have Denji pay for his sins, I don't think it's because he's part demon because she could just send him to hell

Users who are viewing this thread