Chainsaw Man - Vol. 11 Ch. 89 - Go Chainsawman

@wij123 presumably because he's not dead, as the 1000 year spear was expected to kill him.
head canon
devils get their power from fear, humans get their power from worship, and denji has yet to truly lose his humanity

Makima dont want to kill chainsawman, she want to controll him or get eat by him... she's just disappoionted that he's already down.

Dex-chan lover
that last aaahh really gave me the feeling of 'what a drag this all was...' from makima

@wij123

devils get stronger the more they are feared, I guess Makima is inverting that and making CSM lose his strength by making him be adored instead of feared....

but the logic doesn't really add up, and maybe it will be shown next chap since CSM gains most of his powers from being feared by DEVILS instead

to me though, this whole Makima enslaving arc is kinda shitty as far as plot goes for me...

@Yaitsaname @elegia I think that's the point. Everybody loves chainsawman but not Denji, therefore Denji doesn't really have anything. Just as makima wanted.

also @no168_92 what do you mean it doesn't add up? The devils and humans used to fear chainsawman, but now it's only the devils which would lower his power significantly because he's lost half of his fear power source.

Devils get power the more they are feared. Her plan was to make chainsawman less feared, but as result all devils are less feared, since the strongest devil was defeated and now the strongest devil is on humanity side. Also she can dominate these who she deem lower than her or think that she is better than them, but now everyone thinks that she is just "that puppeteer bitch", not the personification of Dominance.

I know chainsaw man is cool and all but let's not forget that makima got that cake 🍑👀

Dex-chan lover
I have this weird jingle in my head that sounds like Devilman no Uta except it's Chainsawman.
"With evil powers close at hand
The devil's in command
He's a hero, so just and fair
He's Chainsawman
He's Chainsawman!"

Dex-chan lover
@yoofo

there was a discussion somewhere before, too lazy to dig/search back where though...

about why gun was absurdly powerful compared to the likes of bomb, sword, knife, atom/nuke/ any animal based phobia etc....
something about constant/present fear and fear at the back of your mind...

are you really afraid of chainsaws? do you constantly run away everytime you see one, etc, stuffs like that....

CSM IS more powerful than other devils precisely because devils fear him... no other devil scare almost every other devil like him afaik story wise, could be wrong...

XL

Dex-chan lover
Makima: I won.
Denji: SIKE! *pulls center chest rope*
*VRRRRRMMM*
Makima: Fuuuuu....

@no168_92

As much sense as that makes I still have a few questions about it. Makina acknowledges that the ww2 occured, but they just dont remember. Due to the fact that they also acknowledge nazis and topics like that im assuming the same timeline. Hiroshima, Nagasaki or the Cold war would create a fear much greater from bombs than guns do. However, we can explain this as WW2, the demon, getting killed by chainsaw man and subsequently making everyone forget abt it. However that still wouldnt explain why nuke/atom demon is weaker when compared to gun, as the fact that people still remember it exists evidences that it was never consumed by chainsaw and made people forget.

Dex-chan lover
@HallowedDeep

TBH, I was on the nuke devil > gun devil team at that time, but i kinda forgot all the details and specific... and I think it was at the now defunct kissmanga comment section... disqus may have my lost comments, but doesn't really felt like checking and all

but I remember there was one point nobody really touched, about explosion or gunpowder devil or something.. kinda just got glossed over....

this story is kinda loose anyways, since the author basically do whatever they feel like...

but my original comment here was about CSM deriving more power from devils fearing him rather than human anyways....

Users who are viewing this thread