Chainsaw Man - Vol. 11 Ch. 93 - You and Crappy Movies

Dex-chan lover
I feel like there's gotta be something going on in page 8 that I'm missing with Kishibe just staring at Denji for awhile before responding, especially with the little flash on the top middle panel

So I guess her last bit of humanity completely left her and that is why Denji wants to kill her?

Fed-Kun's army
What if he kills Makima instead of eating her and dates her mind wiped version :(

Denji’s speech annoyed Kishibe so much he forgot which side his scar is on

Dex-chan lover
Remember on their movie date, Makima said she likes watching bad movies if she discovers a good one through it. So she either lied back then or here.

Also movie date was in chapter 39, now it's 93...

Remember: during their movie date, Makima said that it was worth watching dozens of bad movies to find that one good one. So she was lying to his face and now he knows it.

Fed-Kun's army
I kinda agree with Denji.
Because sometimes you just really need to watch some shitty moives to truly appreciate the good ones.

i don't want a girl friend, i want 5 or even 10. oh Jesus, please pray for my wish to the Father above.

Dex-chan lover
@Kronous I know a lot of men go through the same thing as Denji if not all of us if we consider when we were teens too. shit I still wish it sometimes

Dex-chan lover
Could someone explain to me what some people find appealing about Makima?

@Frozeneye

At the start Makima appeared to be a great person. But as the story went on more and more of her personality was revealed until we have reached this point, where she appears to be a sociopath.

So at the beginning, people liked her because she looked great and was saying good things.
But now people like her because she is a great villain or because they are into the type of relationship. There are also a few who just think she is a great character in general, but not someone you should date.

I personally am of that last opinion. Similar to how Yuno Gasai is a great character to read about, but would make for a very scary real world relationship.

Dex-chan lover
@Temperans Thanks for the insight!
The way you phrased it makes the reasons for liking Makima appear very depended on the individual readers perception of her.
Like, for me she appeared very shady right from the start. I felt like she was trying too hard to appeal to Denji and on top of that she did it in a very mechanical way, like she tried to appear human. I already got stuck really early on the assumption that she's either not human or a psycho- or sociopath. Then again, a lot of the cast appear emotionally scarred in one way or another, so Makima only appeared slightly more weird than the rest of the crew, which didn't make her stick out too much.

As for the great villain part, I'm not sure yet. She does seem good at playing a long manipulative game, but it's kinda hard to gauge how much credit she should get for that, because her control powers just seem so immensely powerful right now. I'm still wondering what forces opposed her so that she had to play this long game instead of just curb-stomping everyone in her way. There are a lot of puzzle pieces already to answer that question, but I can't really put everything together yet.

Users who are viewing this thread