Chainsaw Man - Vol. 17 Ch. 167 - Super Smooch

Dex-chan lover
I’m genuinely confused about some people’s reaction to this chapter. Denji’s unhealthy relationship with sex has been a consistent theme in the series. A prevailing theme is his constant manipulation by women (often older or in positions of authority over him) through sex. His sexual experiences have mirrored the general problems he’s had in his life with him being constantly being used by others and his lack of control in the direction his life is going.

I actually find it really interesting that Yoru’s advances of Denji are some of the few times that someone else has expressed interest in him without ulterior motives other than intimacy and with someone who is about his age and position. Obviously, the consensuality of it is highly questionable but nonetheless still reflects Denji’s general problems with control in his life.
I completely agree about your point about people's weird reaction to this. Besides that, there is sooo much worse that has happened in this manga than us seeing some semen.

But I would not view this as an example of "consensual intimacy" or even mutual attraction. At least not in the case of Yoru, who is clearly interested in using him, even wanting to mutilate him to reach "her" goal. As a combination of Asa and Yoru, I think that this may be a case of mutual attraction. But there is no consent here. Denji is just being taken advantage of and Asa is also not in control at all. It's just sad, for them both.

But it is, in my opinion, a very well done scene that can lead to something very interesting. Perhaps this is an inflection point for his mental health regarding sexuality (how he has been deprived of intimacy and constantly been taken advantage of by various women) and for his and Asa's relationship.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I find the idea of Yoru just got horny and went too much into it and ditched out of embarrasment funnier.

Tsundere Yoru has been a meme for a while but...

It actually feels legit now.

Dex-chan lover
I completely agree about your point about people's weird reaction to this. Besides that, there is sooo much worse that has happened in this manga than us seeing some semen.

But I would not view this as an example of "consensual intimacy" or even mutual attraction. At least not in the case of Yoru, who is clearly interested in using him, even wanting to mutilate him to reach "her" goal. As a combination of Asa and Yoru, I think that this may be a case of mutual attraction. But there is no consent here. Denji is just being taken advantage of and Asa is also not in control at all. It's just sad, for them both.

But it is, in my opinion, a very well done scene that can lead to something very interesting. Perhaps this is an inflection point for his mental health regarding sexuality (how he has been deprived of intimacy and constantly been taken advantage off by various women) and for his and Asa's relationship.
I mean I agree with it being probably non-consensual hence the “highly questionable.”

Double-page supporter
God, how much I love this manga. Every chapter is totally unexpected.

Fed-Kun's army
I swear I have no idea what the fuck is going on in this manga and where does the """story""" go... 🤣

Dex-chan lover
I hope this filters people like the new dungeon meshi fans, annoying bunch
what does this mean, i’m curious lol. are dungeon meshi fans reading chainsawman now or something? or does dungeon meshi have a fandom divide similar to chainsawman? 🤨

Dex-chan lover
Man this is one of those chapters that live in your head rent free like the cuckzuya chapter, the horse from beserk, and obviously that scene from evangelion.

Double-page supporter
If we ever get to this arc in an anime I wonder if they are gonna skip this chapter xD

Dex-chan lover
page 1 :
- war devil : i will perform the "special surgery" , with this dirty piece of trash on the ground , no need to dis-infect it , lol , ... your chinchin ... ,

- denji : ... my chinchin ...

page 2 :
waifu and knaifu / wife and knife , lol pun .

war devil : ... i want to have a serious war against chainsaw man ...

if war devil regains the memory of the previous kiss , then maybe nayuta is really dead , because nayuta was the one who hided the memory .

last page :
- war devil : i said "i want to see your bodily juices , chainsaw man" , but i didnt mean i wanted to see your $emen . i wanted to see your blood .

• previously , war devil said : yo denji , come with me into this alley . when we are alone , i will pull down your pants , and i will touch your d!ck with my 1 hand , ........ , and then i will cut off your d!ck .
  • denji : im always thinking with my d!ck , so i only heard the 1st part , and i didnt hear the last part clearly . so i guess you are inviting me to do naughty things together ? LETS GO , ASAP .

Users who are viewing this thread