Chainsaw Man

so is she like a end game boss or is it the chainsaw man who is end game boss.
im so confused

kinda weird to get into because you think it’s gonna be an action manga (which it is) but the beginning is more drama than action

Dex-chan lover
Each CSM chapter is a russian roulette of emotions.
Except it's all full of bullets. And 4/6 of them are depression.
The other two are slightly less depression & badass action scenes.

@assman162 You're clearly underestimating good authors there. One-punch man is a parody regardless and is labeled as such but chainsaw is not a parody, it's a meta-manga : which means it's a manga that talks about manga (the medium itself and thus other works ), in that case the shonen genre. It's not labeled as such because it'd be too hard to understand for most and as a shonen you'd get more sales selling it this way while still being praised by other mangakas in the process. Fire punch was really interesting and had thoughts into it compared to all the manga without substance we're being fed. Well if you read it carefully you'd understand that it's the author being cynical about the shonen genre, and genre labels in general (which is exactly like you pointed, it's not labeled as such but if a work could be reduced to its demographics, only its themes or genres then it's a failure regardless because it wouldn't have style in its literary meaning).

The author might also play with his characters to show its reader his own condition as a mangaka. Netherless, "slave" corporates or other expressions are fairly common in Japan, especially people killing themselves by working ( Karoshi = overwork death).

Dex-chan lover
Everyone when they first read Chainsaw Man: "OH HELL YEAH! BLOOD & GUTS EVERYWHERE! AHAHAHAHA! RIP & TEAR!"
Everyone now: "Oh god this is depressing. Give me more."

oh lord, author's gonna rip my heart out again, I can feel it
reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

(I feckin love this)

Users who are viewing this thread