Chainsaw Man

This author's artistic sense is great and refreshing, can't get enough of his shit. Highly recommend.

I just love how the author is creating a typical shonen manga just to criticize the shonen genre. Remember that this is being published in the weekly shonen jump XDDD
Fire punch was awesome and so is chainsaw man. People saying it's just a typical shonen and doesn't say anything just forgot to think because the plain shonen aspects/codes are intentional; since waht happens in shonens is far from reality, a "shonen" in real life is going to sweat bloody tears to get a somewhat decent living as a slave. Escaping the debts just puts you on another track of servitude in society.
Genius work, recommended especially because it's making fun of the weekly shonen jump openly :D

there's so much shit going on I have to reread it 3 times to understand something, writing is somewhat of a clusterfuck, love the story tho

That monster design for Dark Devil is goddamn awesome and his entrance was spectacular.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Dex-chan lover
hey made it to 10th place on the manga that people want to see as anime poll https://www.anime-japan.jp/main/ajranking/

I don't understand anything anymore! Santa klaus is the old man or the girl? Who was Tolka? What are all those astronauts suits? AAAGGGGHHH!!!

@usher

Santa Klaus is the woman. The old man is an advanced puppet. Her pupil was also being turned into a puppet. The astronauts represent are there to help depict the over whelming nature of the fear of the dark, for in space, the Dark is endless and only Astronauts have truly experienced such a thing.

Dex-chan lover
@Lukaskyboss

i genuinely don't think this is meant to be a parody shonen. it's straight up shonen. it's also not meant to be criticizing shonen as a genre either. the fact that it's doing something differently from other shonens does not immediately make it a parody or a criticizing work.

this is kinda like how the west seems to be hellbent on seeing one punch man as a parody story for superheroes except in japan it's marketed as a generic seinen. there is literally 0 marketing or talk of it being a parody in the land it was created. it's just foreign fans forcing a label that isn't there.

as for firepunch...it was great at start but it's nowhere near as good as chainsawman. firepunch had a great start but that was it, it seems nothing about the series was planned other than the beginning. it screwed around too much, too many chapters where nothing happened and too many bullshit plot points that nobody gave a damn about, and it ended so badly too lmao. seems like author learned from it, chainsaw is going much better in terms of pacing and planning.

@assman162
To be fair OPM definitely has elements of parodying and/or deconstructing shonen tropes. Especially if you go off early chapters or more of the webcomics stuff. It doesn't parody superhero stuff as much as Shonen though, and even if it did ONE doesn't seem to do 100% pure parody, it's always played at least somewhat straight.

still wondering if i should read this one, i didnt like the author's other work at all

and im not that much into too edgy or crazy things and im kinda afraid this will haveinsade dude doing insane things just for the sake of being the bad guys, i mean is it like jagaan cause i dont like it at all

Aggregator gang
How are we suppose to raed this when theres a fuck ton of missing chapters.. . Go to another site ?

Users who are viewing this thread