Changing following status of series to "Dropped" should automatically disable notifications.

I have yet to even find where notifications are and need to check for any updates manually... if you can help me find where these notifications are supposed to be, that'd be appreciated. Currently I'm only actively reading a few manga that I'm waiting for chapter updates on: Black Butler, Interspecies Reviewers, and Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Part 9: The JOJOLands... but if my reading list grew longer, it would only grow more annoying to continue as I've been doing.

But otherwise, I agree with you that that would only make sense to disable notifications if a series is dropped.

Dex-chan lover
I have yet to even find where notifications are and need to check for any updates manually... if you can help me find where these notifications are supposed to be, that'd be appreciated. Currently I'm only actively reading a few manga that I'm waiting for chapter updates on: Black Butler, Interspecies Reviewers, and Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Part 9: The JOJOLands... but if my reading list grew longer, it would only grow more annoying to continue as I've been doing.

But otherwise, I agree with you that that would only make sense to disable notifications if a series is dropped.
This is the updates page: https://mangadex.org/titles/feed

Hm, in that case, I may be a little salty that there isn't like a little dot or something to indicate an update. At first it seemed to show updates for ALL chapters in ALL parts of your library, not just what you're currently reading, but I realized I just had some mass-manual-unbelling to do.

Just figured out how to turn the bell off out of necessity, because I had it set on next to everything...

I guess if I were to add onto OP's point, I don't think you'd want updates if the manga was in the Dropped, Completed, or Plan to Read category... arguable for On Hold as well, but I also follow a couple manga on Hiatus or with sporadic release schedules (aka Hunter x Hunter and Thus Spoke Kishibe Rohan) that I tend to put under On Hold too, so I keep notifs on.

Last edited:
Contributor
Hm, in that case, I may be a little salty that there isn't like a little dot or something to indicate an update. At first it seemed to show updates for ALL chapters in ALL parts of your library, not just what you're currently reading, but I realized I just had some mass-manual-unbelling to do.

Just figured out how to turn the bell off out of necessity, because I had it set on next to everything...

I guess if I were to add onto OP's point, I don't think you'd want updates if the manga was in the Dropped, Completed, or Plan to Read category... arguable for On Hold as well, but I also follow a couple manga on Hiatus or with sporadic release schedules (aka Hunter x Hunter and Thus Spoke Kishibe Rohan) that I tend to put under On Hold too, so I keep notifs on.
I would almost argue that completed could be valuable, at least 2 series now that have been "completed" actually have continued on with new chapters after it finished.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
The entire list/notification system is getting rehauled sooner or later, and there won't be a guarantee that all users will even have a "Dropped" list. It's unlikely that time and effort will be spent improving a system that we know is getting fundamentally changed anyway.

Double-page supporter
The entire list/notification system is getting rehauled sooner or later, and there won't be a guarantee that all users will even have a "Dropped" list. It's unlikely that time and effort will be spent improving a system that we know is getting fundamentally changed anyway.
Oh i was about to suggest the same thing as OP. Looking forward to the changes.

Users who are viewing this thread