Cheat Skill "Shisha Sosei" ga Kakusei Shite, Inishie no Maougun wo Fukkatsu Sasete Shimaimashita - Vol. 5 Ch. 26 - Rael

Double-page supporter
The author kinda resolved that problem with some of the most jankiest writing I've ever seen.. Then again, Japan otakus can't really think well ahead, I'm not surprise that this kind of writing get a pass there.

Rael basically became a reincarnation character at this point. She was left on the street with no memories, but somehow still retains her ability to bless people. A poor family treated her to food, so she wanted to return the favor. They reckon that's impossible because all the village needed is some rain, but she did it with her blessing in the end. Rael then realized the world need her, there are other poor soul out there who could use her blessing, so she embarked on a journey to bring happiness to other people around the world.

So they basically wrote her character off, never-to-be-seen-again in the most anticlimactic ever.
So essentially, this character is basically a showing that the MC still has attachments to humanity and that the church is shady. But, they don't even ask what secret she learned that offed her.

Dex-chan lover
I'm confused I thought Aria can't use her Spacial Manipulation but she's fucking flying around!

This just implies she can fly without it but then what's the point of the stupid limitation???

Dex-chan lover
This is stupid...

Why would you start by threatening her??? You revive her cause you want her as an ally and the first thing you do is make her think you are evil???

Shouldn't the first thing you do be to try and reason with her and make her understand you???

Why is it starting out with plain stupidity??? And then you let her go even though she's a major threat??? And if this really did solve the problem, then you just wasted a chapter...

Power Uploader
Lol, for real, what a waste of this character (and chapters), was much better to leave her death after reading such a boring conclusion. :p
More frustratingly, she WAS intended to become a member. The WN did a fairly okay job at it, but the LN (I assume) and subsequently the manga botched that idea.

Everything up until Dorothy shows up followed the WN. Here, Dorothy was to have a deep conversation with Rael, learning her background, reason she freaks out, why she was so against the demon lord. Yes it was mostly talk, but in the end it was her diplomatic skill that won the saintess over, and Rael went on to learn more about Tissé, Iris down the line.

Dex-chan lover
Dafaq? I thought they were gonna release her, and then have her see how crappy humanity is for herself.

Then when humanity eventually turns on her, she comes crawling back to demon lord

Dex-chan lover
As dangerous an idea as this this, I kinda hope that rather than this biting them in the ass down the line, this is a subplot where basically Rael goes to human society on her own + finds out about the church's misdeeds, which leads her to eventually remember things + realize that the humans aren't necessarily the good guys she thinks they are, + then she can join back up with Licht and co.

Dex-chan lover
what an absolute fucking waste of time. if the novel didn't bother to utilize her then the manga should have completely forgone this scenario and moved on without wasting an entire chapter for her irrelevant ass. a small single page flashback/recap would have sufficed.

Dex-chan lover
More frustratingly, she WAS intended to become a member. The WN did a fairly okay job at it, but the LN (I assume) and subsequently the manga botched that idea.

Everything up until Dorothy shows up followed the WN. Here, Dorothy was to have a deep conversation with Rael, learning her background, reason she freaks out, why she was so against the demon lord. Yes it was mostly talk, but in the end it was her diplomatic skill that won the saintess over, and Rael went on to learn more about Tissé, Iris down the line.
this really just makes everything 1000x worse. so for no reason whatsoever the ln and the manga both decided to introduce this character just to write her off immediately for no reason when the wn actually utilized her. shit like this makes me wonder what exactly it takes for a series to get canceled if shit writing like this doesn't.

Dex-chan lover
That went well.

Entirely pointless. Character shows up, character leaves. Nothing added, nothing lost.

As dangerous an idea as this this, I kinda hope that rather than this biting them in the ass down the line, this is a subplot where basically Rael goes to human society on her own + finds out about the church's misdeeds, which leads her to eventually remember things + realize that the humans aren't necessarily the good guys she thinks they are, + then she can join back up with Licht and co.
I think that sounds much more interesting as well.

Dex-chan lover
Considering how the church of humans thinks of Resurrection in this title, I think there's a good chance this Saintess will be forced to confront the reality of having to choose whether to live or die and come crawling back, just because she'll have nowhere else to go. Resurrection is treated as a blasphemous practice, Saintess Rael has been dead for centuries according to anyone who actually remembers her, or surviving church records, and if we add a dash of the faithful into the mix, equals, even if the Saintess is who she claims she is, she has commited an affront against God and must be cast out. Excommunication will likely also be on the table as part of the package. And at worst, she'd be accused of

a) being a liar/con artist.
b) being a witch,
c) possessed by demons,
d) sold her soul to the Demon Lord.

Therefore corrupt, must be cast out, and the incident covered up before she defiles the historical memory of her name.

Last edited:
Contributor

Eh, odd change indeed.

Dex-chan lover
Hmmm wonder if the memory wipe goes wrong and the saintess has to live in the dungeon as a dependent. Otherwise seemed like a pointless trip or a poor way to introduce a new antagonist

Dex-chan lover
The author kinda resolved that problem with some of the most jankiest writing I've ever seen.. Then again, Japan otakus can't really think well ahead, I'm not surprise that this kind of writing get a pass there.

Rael basically became a reincarnation character at this point. She was left on the street with no memories, but somehow still retains her ability to bless people. A poor family treated her to food, so she wanted to return the favor. They reckon that's impossible because all the village needed is some rain, but she did it with her blessing in the end. Rael then realized the world need her, there are other poor soul out there who could use her blessing, so she embarked on a journey to bring happiness to other people around the world.

So they basically wrote her character off, never-to-be-seen-again in the most anticlimactic ever.
Lmao XD filler character.

Fed-Kun's army

no way the WN have more nuanced. what the hell is the author's manager doing.

Dex-chan lover
So... that was stupid.

Just randomly resurrect "The Saint" for no actual reason (if manpower was that bad, they'd be taking much more aggressive steps, and if she was powerful enough for this to matter they'd never let her leave/live), then blank her memories either entirely since rebirth or selectively about them, and... what?
She just gets written off, outta the story is what I hear?

Fucking DUMB

And the fact that she acts like some jeebus freak from middle America makes it even more useless.

Users who are viewing this thread