Cheating Men Must Die - Vol. 1 Ch. 20 - The Palace Harem is a Mess -- Long Live the New Emperor

Dex-chan lover
I'm glad they fix the translation, so the son wants to follow her mother's death, but doesn't do it

Dex-chan lover
@exile_wrath http://www.silkqin.com/02qnpu/16xltq/xl121hgq.htm
新 裂 齊 紈 素, 鮮 潔 如 霜 雪。
Xīn liè Qí wán sù, xiān jié rú shuāng xuě.
Newly cut white silk from Qi, clear and pure as frost and snow.

裁 為 合 歡 扇, 團 團 似 明 月。
Cái wèi hé huān shàn, tuán tuán sì míng yuè.
Made into a fan for joyous trysts, round as the bright moon.

出 入 君 懷 袖, 動 搖 微 風 發。
Chū rù jūn huái xiù, dòng yáo wéi fēng fā.
In and out of my lord's cherished sleeve, waved back and forth to make a light breeze.

常 恐 秋 節 至, 涼 飆 奪 炎 熱。
Cháng kǒng qiū jié zhì, liáng biāo duó yán rè.
Often I fear the arrival of the autumn season, cool winds overcoming the summer heat.

棄 捐 篋 笥 中, 恩 情 中 道 絕。
Qì juān qiè sì zhōng, ēn qíng zhōng dào jué.
Discarded into a box, affection cut off before fulfillment.
There's some doubt as to its historical origins, but the popular version is that the poem was written by Ban Jieyu, a consort to Emperor Chengdi. Supposed to be her feelings on being used and set aside at his discretion, I suppose. So the emperor here was pretty much lamenting that he did that same sort of thing to consort Su. Hindsight is always 20/20, but I guess getting murdered by the side ho you picked over your loyal partner would put it in even sharper focus.

im actually crying, the son must have cared so much for her to be that devastated when she dies ;( im gonna miss him even though we barely saw him

was that a future diary reference?
pink hair girl goes yandere,,,,, :^

also man i'll miss that kid.

this is one of my favorite worlds in this manhua aaa TT i love how she adopted a son here and genuinely cared for him

Anyone coming back from chapter 148 to see the translation change, it was changed from saying that he followed after su luxia when she died to he tried to follow after her multiple times

Yeah the translation changed.
The original is that he did suicide to follow after his adoptive mother.
In the new one, he thought and attempted such things but didn't succeed.

I just realized that my Chinese name is Wang YuHuan. Quite close to the one who wrote the poem. 😆

Damn, I forgot about that ending! Who else re-read this arc after the newest one?

Meo

Dex-chan lover
I'm glad I read the comments. If it wasn't for everyone telling me the translation changed, I would've felt like memory failed me horribly. Cause I was 100% sure the son died after the Luxia passed away.

i feel like this translation is still wrong in places. it seems these worlds are REAL. not simply "novels". Not to mention, you can far better connect with characters when they are "real" and not fake things from a book. it also makes everything she is doing entirely pointless if none of it is real...

Mv0

Are there any other webtoons that have palace harem intrigue like this?

Group Leader
@Mv0 at the top of my head there’s Girl Jock Empress and Contract Concubine

Users who are viewing this thread