Cheating Men Must Die - Vol. 1 Ch. 4 - The Palace Harem is a Mess -- The White Lotus’s Strategy

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, just what was the plan with the imperial decree? There's no way she doesn't have evidence to back her after making a move as big as adopting a prince.
She used that trick mushroom thing, but does the document stay? Is it enough to satisfy the Emperor? Wouldn't he know if he gave permission or not?

Thank you for the new chapter! Can’t wait until the revenge part ahahaha

Aggregator gang
OK what's the big deal with her not providing an heir? There's apparently enough that they are in the discount bin

2nd, great just great she just set the kid otw to being an arrogant young master in a cultivation novel

Dex-chan lover
@kawaii123456 An emperor could just as easily have any woman he wants, if they can't produce an heir they might as well get out of the way so he can devote his attention to the other women. Having a hundred heirs doesn't really mean much, they'll wittle their own numbers down with infighting over the throne. Or, assassination attempts from other parties will do it for them so some government officials can install a puppet on the throne or such. She kind of mentioned herself, all of those princes were already pretty much doomed in the original storyline here because the heroine basically just got rid of them on her power grabbing journey.

As for making the kid an arrogant young master... he'll die in the imperial palace if he doesn't look out for himself first and foremost. Not the best place to grow a conscience or have pity on those around you. This is some game of thrones shit, you can't trust anyone, least of all easily bribed servants. Anyone you actually care about can be used against you one way or another. You pretty much want them all to fear going against you in any way while also being the person who rewards "loyalty" the best. Even then, don't trust them as far as you can throw them with both arms tied behind your back. That's the kind of places these imperial palaces are in all the novels and comics.

I am rereading this as was adviced, and wow i forgot what of a b**ch mc of this world was. "She got her status only 'cause of her looks" my ass, she definitely deserved it by her efforts. I wonder why people around seem ignorant about all Consort Luxia did for current Emperor

Users who are viewing this thread