Cheating Men Must Die - Vol. 7 Ch. 141 - I have a date with the taoist master -- Truth

Everyone drooling over the ghost king but I’m over here begging for the GL plotline

Fed-Kun's army
Sees ghost king : Oh no he's hot.
I get how is beneficial for the Taoist clan but how is helping them become well-known helpful for the ghost king at all?

Dex-chan lover
@Nixnaw
The ghost king is probably planning to backstab the temple immediately, killing all the exorcists and letting ghosts roam the Earth unchecked.

@Rgal I agree but then it makes me wonder why now.
It seems like they've been doing this for years, does it mean that 'now' the crack will be big enough for his plans? If so, did no one ever notice the crack forming? 🤔

Can't wait for next updates to see what'll happen

Although best girl LuXia and taoist lady would make a really cute couple I think the arc is really mainly focusing on her realizing that what she believed in was a lie and coming to her humanity while it was also about regaining a sense of justice for Su Luxia (because she chose to stay despite her personality changing)

@Shinsenryuu It seems like it is only this one doing it if the previous chapter is to be believed. The other Taoist Masters didn't see any reason to sacrifice ghosts, but this one seems to have become corrupt.

His reasoning is probably along the lines of keeping the exorcists in business which is why their doctrine has them eliminating all ghosts and not just the bad ones. Over the years the existence of ghosts has probably become myth in thia world leading to less people calling exorcists for when weird shit occurs. That and so many bad ghosts would have been eliminated by this time maybe leading to exorcists becoming unnecessary in the long run. So job security. Dumbass is getting backstabbed for sure though.

Dex-chan lover
Tsk tsk, the Taoist master is competing with automation; the new Ghost Roomba is taking all the jobs away from them.

Aggregator gang
Well the taoist is completely locked in, so we can expect a counter attack from the master very soon

I know some readers felt this arc was boring and dropped it, but I love it. I love that you get more characterization of our main character, the friendship(or more???) of the MC and FL, and the FL's journey in discovering the truth. It's a refreshing arc to be sure!

I’m so mad that the ghost king is such a fucking snack ugh 😩 I never thought of ghost sex until now-

Users who are viewing this thread