Cheating Men Must Die - Vol. 9 Ch. 173 - A literary giant’s huge fall -- Don't bully honest folk

thank you for the chapter as always!!!!

i'm impatient to see luxia's next moves!!

what bullshit xD

It would be so easy for the transmigrator to win... There is actually physical evidence that she has written the novel first (since she timetraveled). She has no need to threaten the real author. If she doesn't mess up herself she basicly can not lose. But it seems that the enemy is stupid this time...

Girl, cash in that cheque and get a lawyer with it. There is no contract binding you to cash in that cheque and make an apology statement so you can do whatever you want with it.

Fed-Kun's army
@Heenimakira She could technically cancel the cheque, but I doubt she has enough brain cells to do that. Ngl she should use the cheque as evidence to stir up the public.

I mean that seems like a nonbinding contract lol. No witness to say that she accepted the money with the terms that she has to take down all the stuff she posted, unless someone has a voice recorder. What's she gonna do if she just cashes the check lmao.

Plus, if she could sue at any time and only benefitted, she would've done so already lmao. So the fact that villainous transmigrator's bribing the real author means that her criticisms and her fanfiction have enough power to drag down her pride...and doesn't erase the fact that she wrote a shit ending to a story that wasn't hers...

Dumb villain and a dumb protagonist lol. I was surprised Su Luxia didn't just take a ride in her pocket or smth to give her cues on how to act. It's a little boring that we have to have cowering og author whenever she interacts with the villainess and then have Su Luxia prop her back up behind the scenes. Also, is there supposed to be an ML in this, or..?

Dex-chan lover
As expected of an idiot who only thinks about money. That check is half an admission of guilt. At the very least, it's bad optics.

@angry_noodles I was thinking the same thing! Like, obviously no one would believe "time travel" but they could just say the woman hacked or otherwise stole the original manuscript somehow.

The fact that the transmigrator knows about the author's living conditions can be used online to accuse her of being a stalker at least. It's not enough proof, but Luxia seems to want to do a long con with this and that could help!

There's only one circumstance where I wouldn't be pissed about plagiarism. It's if you were reincarnated into another world and no one knew it and they had shit entertainment but I'd still be in my head like "I'm sorry for taking credit for your work but I love your story and I need money for *insert some reason here* and this is the best I can do so please don't hate me." And I was summoned as a hero I'd spread the joys of our world's entertainment but I would be like "yeah I didn't come up with any of these stories but my memory is dogshit and I can't remember all the names of people involved in the project so.... Just put credits to artists from another world and say it was brought to you from me cause I brought the story even if I didn't make it." That's like the only circumstance where I wouldn't be completely pissed cause you wanna give credit but you cant for obvious reasons. Going back in time and plagarizing popular stories rather than making your own knowing full well that the author is still alive and worked hard on the story is not cool. You got a second chance! Do something with your life that doesn't involve ruining people's lives.

Dex-chan lover
I imagine she has a recorder.
"How did you know my living conditions and that I am a full-time author?"

Such a short chapter, thank you so much for your translations! 😍❤️

I know the posters on the author's walls are just references to past arcs but I think it would be super cool if the works she had travelled to were well-known in this world and she pasted posters of her favourite characters who had the same name as her for inspiration.

@iskaeil lmao I was about to say that! Like lmao what are you going to do if I keep the money? Say I refuse to hide your plagiarism? Lmaoooooo she can go fuck herself

Users who are viewing this thread