Cheating Men Must Die - Vol. 9 Ch. 176 - A literary giant’s huge fall -- Plagiarism from the starry sky

Dex-chan lover
I still can't get over the fact that this woman has eidetic memory, traveled from the future, and believed that the best way to make money was to publish remembered webnovels.

But I guess the setting of this phase is somebody's story about an aspiring webnovel author, so stock tips, sports betting, and lottery numbers aren't an option.

me too @mekrabbat ... like she has EIDETIC MEMORY and she didnt think to do something else with it? huge plothole in this arc tbh. i find that i have to actively turn off my brain to enjoy this particular arc, its like the vampire arc all over again

Dex-chan lover
@mekrabbat, that's still sort of BS though. If I was an aspiring novelist and sent back, I'd rather learn to get rich in other ways so I could focus on my passion for writing without worrying about expenses. This villain is just shallow!

(insert slaughter laughter)
Here it is guys!!! Here it is!!!!!!!🤩

If i were that villainess or go time travel, I'd go to the nearest national lottery booth and bid on winning numbers and say that god is with me or something. That is probably the easiest method to gain riches for time travelers.

Thanks for the chapter

Dex-chan lover
@mekrabbat I think the worst part is that she does it without a care for the Authors. She evidently does not like the stories, and by basically ruining the chance of any sequels of it as well in the future for those who enjoy the story.

Group Leader
"It doesn't matter if it's pre-written"?
Bruh do you not understand what the live competition is for? Of course if she had, say, a week to write its gonna be better than someone who had an hour with a new subject who has brainstorms on the spot.

Dumbass. But i guess its not uncommon for reality TV to be rigged/scripted so 🤷

Double-page supporter
I think it’s easier to cope with such an absurd villain whose first money-making scheme is to plagiarize web novels, when i remember that this villain is a protagonist in a story. you know, the whole “story in a story” narrative framework that drives this series. it’s very clear that the author of CMMD is making fun of and poking holes in the flimsy logic of similar, poorly-written/planned web novels. because OF COURSE the reader would get mad at this character (the plagiarist) with eidetic memory using her talent in such a disdainful (and frankly ludicrous) way, that’s the reaction CMMD wants you to have. I, for one, am relishing the upcoming schadenfreude that will befall the plagiarist, because I know this illogical series of actions was done on purpose by CMMD’s author.

also, nothing like a good ol’ body possession to get some good face-slapping in. i love to su luxia grind these losers into dust 🥰

@redbeanbunny Well it's more like he's saying that he doesn't care, because the finished product is still of the caliber of an award winning novel. That's what makes him not give too many shits. He believes that, even though the author is scummy, they still are very talented to create such a piece. Of course it doesn't mean that the other girl couldn't do the same, but there is really no hard evidence of that being the case. He would have to see her own original masterpiece, but hers was stolen away from her.

@glub @Liar It's not a plot hole of the arc, it's a plot hole in the "source material." This world is based off of a shitty novel about a women time traveling to steal other peoples novel ideas. CMMD is making fun of her blatantly stupid actions, which were created by an equally stupid author. That's literally what this series is all about. Mocking all of the shitty plot hole filled webnovels out there. The character is stupid, because the author of the source material is stupid. She is supposed to be poorly written and fucking dumb as a brick, because those are the kinds of characters that shitty webnovel authors make.

Ezk

oh no, now i must wait te see my goddess face slap the judges and the plagiarist

@mekrabbat @glub @Liar
I think you have forgotten the premise on which this manhua is built. All of these "worlds" that our MC Su Luxia travels to are based on those crappy webnovels that have massive plotholes. This story is just another bash at these plothole filled stories.

Users who are viewing this thread