Chi no Wadachi - Vol. 11 Ch. 89 - Everything

Damn wow. This is a great twist.

And not to say I saw it coming per se, but I defo had my suspicions on unreliable narrator, albeit more in respect to Fukuishi. Her design really tipped me off to the author trying to emphasize beauty (to an arguably over the top degree), specifically from Sei's perspective. I fully expect her appearance to be different from what was shown till now, moreso than other characters at least.

Dex-chan lover
A lot of us in the comment section called out that it seemed to be what the author was gunning for since the police interview.

Not to say I thought it was 100% definitely this that was going on, but it's not exactly a shocking twist--the author hinted at it very deliberately.

This is the first time I’ve had the opportunity to read Oshimi’s work as it was published, but it feels like he writes these heart pounding scenes with the intention for them to be marathon read in the tankoubon. At least, that’s what I wish i could do with this series. I can only imagine how fast I’d be turning those pages. I almost want to wait for him to finish this before I continue.... def don’t have the self restraint though

@criver Each to his own, I guess. I love an unreliable narrator approach. Plus, Shuuzoo Oshimi is known to use that particular narrative device on ocasion, so this shouldn't really come as a surprise if you follow his work.

Dex-chan lover
@MarkoF Yeah, you're right. I had forgotten that I read Boku wa Mari no Naka, or at least I couldn't relate it. Still, felt like a cheap twist, shock value.

Aggregator gang
Traumatic brain injuries are a somewhat common thing in violent criminals and serial killers, like it literally knocked some screws loose. Maybe he really was thrown off a cliff as a kid, or just fell, and now the mother blames herself for her psycho kid and is trying to cover up his problems or take responsibility for them. I'm reminded of the show Mr Robot.

Dex-chan lover
@ihatethisfeature123

gaslighting is when another person is giving false information. There is no other person, this is all in his mind. please stop throwing buzzwords you don't understand

Group Leader
@dsid2814
does the word not work if the guy's gaslighting himself? that's what i'm taking from this chapter knowing that the mother's definitely just in his head
he's been gaslighted this whole manga and i'm pretty sure he's in withdrawal cos of not spending time with his mother, so i was sure of the usage of the word.

I don’t think what the Mother is saying is true but I do think that Sei is being controlled by the image he has of his manipulative mother.

All he see is false and just a representation of what is inner self think his mom really his.

Group Leader
@devil
now that's a buzzword

Users who are viewing this thread