Chi no Wadachi - Vol. 11 Ch. 90 - Watching through Mommy's eyes

Dex-chan lover
everyone is calling it, this is him just gaslighting himself into thinking it's his fault. He's having a mental break cause mom is going to jail.

Dex-chan lover
I was convinced before that all of this vision was gonna be the truth, but now I really do think he is just brainwashing himself.

Dex-chan lover
he definitely was acting like a creepy mama's boy, maybe it was covered up early on in the story idk

Fed-Kun's army
This is def gaslighting at this point no one seems to be a reliable source to know abt what act happened

Dex-chan lover
He is gasligthing himself to think his mom was the victim even when she is not there, holly shit that poor bastard is doomed what a mental breakdown.

Aggregator gang
This looked like some Junji Ito shit. Also yeah this definitely seems like Sei gaslighting himself LMFAO jesus, that's just sad.

i'm straight up tired of seeing sei's fantasies for multiple chapters in a row... the dude is disturbed emotionally so all of this holds little weight, and now he's basically just making assumptions about what his mother feels. if he's correct about it, then this was definitely one of the worse ways to reveal that. and if sei is just doing mind tricks, then i'm simply bored! what a let-down from a manga that started so good.

oshimi stans pls dont attack me but relying on creepy imagery to roll the chapter is a bit -_-

I don't even know what this means anymore. Is he making excuses for his mom through an extended fantasy sequence?

Even without being here she manipulates him into thinking he's the one to blame for everything...
I wonder how the story will end, I hope he manages to break free from the abuse and live a happy life.

Fed-Kun's army
Are we even sure that she’s scared this is all his prospective his mind is breaking down he’s probably himself for everything

Fed-Kun's army
Alright I'm not sure about anything anymore
On one hand it may be that the mom really is terrified of not being loved by her son and so does anything possible to please him
On the other hand it may also be possible that the son is making himself to be the guilty one because despite everything he still loves the mom.

It's even worse because most parts of this story are told by him so we don't know if he was delusional the entire time or is this just advanced gaslighting.
Fuck. Good job lol

I think the takeaway here is that neither of the perspectives we've seen, Sei's throughout the series or his mother's in the last two chapters, can be taken as objective reality. Whatever the "reality" of this sequence is (and I'd be surprised if we get a clear answer on this point), Sei is seeing things from his mother's perspective.

Just a few chapters ago Sei finally vented his repressed feelings of anger and resentment toward his mother. Now we see that, to his mother, those feelings have always been obvious.

I think the facts of this story are clear- Seiko pushed Shige off the cliff and lied about it. After this, she alienates her family, apart from Sei, to whom she is emotionally abusive and manipulative. But our perspective character has a distorted view of her mother, and has led us to certain assumptions about her state of mind, her motives, or her attitude.

It's irresponsible to diagnose Seiko, but some of her symptoms point to post-partum depression, DID, schizophrenia, or any number of disorders. The last few chapters show a woman who is trapped in her life, smothered by feelings of guilt, and terrified of her son. These things have always lurked under the surface of this story, but now they're made explicit.

I get the message it’s trying to say but it’s definitely a weird way of going about it

Users who are viewing this thread