Chibikko Kenja, Lv. 1 Kara Isekaide Ganbarimasu! - Vol. 4 Ch. 21 - The secret hidden in the cave of trials

Dex-chan lover
I love how Vilna just nonchalantly decides to strip there to check the lake. lol. She is so cute.

And they were looking away while she was undressing, how noble of them.

Nep

Dex-chan lover
"If you want my blessing! SHOW ME YOUR POWER!" (Leviathen attacks)
[Here lies Random Treasure Hunter

- But I just wanted loot! ]

Dex-chan lover
I kinda dislike it in isekais when they're like "don't use fire in a forest it'll burn down!" or "Earth magic will make the dungeon collapse!" Like sure it's realistic but it feels like a cop out from writing in something that allows the characters to compensate.

reality is a honey badger it doesn't care the fuck about you.
any fiction that can follow it own rule it ground into , facts and plausibility are good stories
bad stories just don't follow their own rules or anything

Dex-chan lover
I just want to see some OP magic. Why does the author insist on denying me of my one desire from this manga?

Fed-Kun's army
@Lyanhyrt
You come expecting cool ass shit.
Author's like "Hell naw, we all about the cuteness here!"

@HiraOmnibus
I like them cause it begs the question "How will the characters work around it?". Sure, if they just say ok and be done with it that would be boring, but when they actually use their heads to think of ways around such limitations it's far more interesting than having the problem solved for them.
For fire in forest, use water magic to dowse your surroundings and/or get the target in a situation where you can shot the spell straight up.
For earth in a cave/dungeon, use the earth magic to create two or more chunks of earth from the floor and use them to crush. As long as you're not damaging the ceiling or any support structures.....it logically shouldn't cause a cave in that easily.

Imagine being tough as nails soldiers one day you find a small child with some cool magic then a few days later take with you to fight a legendary dragon only to be completely ignored by the dragon who only wants to talk to the small child who it calls by a special name. You'd have to know you're not the main character of your life's story at that point.

Dex-chan lover
Fish soldiers against a 'gives no fucks' cat girl and magical panther? Weak opening move, dragon.

Dex-chan lover
It's like in Final Fantasy games where you have to defeat the eidolons to summon them

Dex-chan lover
@dharman

The original description of Leviathan was of a great sea serpent. Confusions about translation and whatnot caused some Westerners to take Leviathan to be a whale or whale-like creature.

@SingLove

The expression “beg the question” does not refer to prompting or provoking a question, but to making an assumption that implies an answer, rather than making a proper case for that answer.

I find interesting how her being overpowered af makes her more useless than she would be if she was weaker than average. Is actually pretty realistic and not much isekais pay attention to the indesireable consequences of ridiculous amount of power like hurting your own allies more than the enemies or it being too dangerous because of your surroundings. She is a walking nuke and obviously a nuke is useless in a fist fight xd

Users who are viewing this thread