Chichi to Hige-Gorilla to Watashi

Dex-chan lover
What a beautiful ride. Glad I found this series. I hope to see something else by this author in the future, if this is what I started with for them.

Aggregator gang
This series was really wholesome and wonderful, showing growth among all characters and never showing any of their unique relationships as bad or wrong (well, except maybe a certain minor character lol).
I will miss it, but I hope that I can soon read the author's next work. Maybe this will even be published in America someday!
Until then, remember: gorilla are sensitive creatures!

A great read. If you are thinking abou it, go for it. Warms your heart and brings you smiles, and perhaps some tears. Many thanks to Koike Sadaji Sensei and those who have worked to bring this series to us.

Dex-chan lover
Mic Gently Set Down

Anyway, good. Maintained quality from start to finish, although I liked the first half the best as there's more laughs to be had. Tsukasa is best girl. ....let's see... I liked the way it handled poignant moments with timely humor. The bittersweet passage of time... life, death, hellos, goodbyes...

I wonder if these kinda 'family is great, you start one too' themes has a little to do with Japan's declining population. It never felt preachy, but I couldn't help but note it. Heck, they started that sumo manga because they want to see more quality Japanese sumos. Manga, the new PSA.

It was an amazing series from beginning to end. Thanks a lot for translating this one ^^

Dex-chan lover
I've only recently discovered the series, but it's so good I couldn't help but binge-read everything and realize it's almost sunrise. It has been a heck of a wild ride of emotions. Chichi to Hige-Gorilla to Watashi is not a typical Slice of Life manga just because it features a child character. Sadaji-sensei was able to incorporate a wholesome but plausibly realistic story. This is a good series to recommend even to those who do not read manga.

The default cover (vol 7) could be spoilery for those who haven't finished reading yet.

Aww, I love the ending of this manga! A wholesome story start to end and with such a touching ending that felt just right.

Users who are viewing this thread