Chichikogusa - Vol. 8 Ch. 44 - Thinking of Children and a Father's heart

Dex-chan lover
I'm sobbing so hard. Oh I hope they get to talk so much more to each other. Oh gosh.

A story in one chapter holy fuck I'm hardcore tearing up

I'm gonna need to take a breather

Thank you for your work with these scanlations!

Im glad that their father would do what he can for his kid and grandson even if he had to do it for a long long time and he also hoping for his son happines. Its makes me crying when Kanoe and Koroku could finally meet :")

I didn't lie when i say that this manga makes me cry for almost every chapter. Damn the feels on this one 😭

:( Chichikogusa can have more arc involving other chara and Shirou (bye dad, less appearance)

I want to read Shirou grows up interacating with more people

Kanoe is such a good guy. I liked him since the beginning. It hurts to see that he had to separate from his kid and lover. He really didn't deserve that.
Damn it! Assholes like her father really dont deserve to have kids. How can you even sell your own daughter like that??

I reread it so I want to post my other thoughts...
The textile merchant is a pretty decent guy to keep the son of another man and didn't just throw them out. The characters in this series (except for the dad that sold his daughter) are good people and I love that.
Looking closer at the mom and son, it looked like they are ready for a journey? The mom was carrying a hat, cane and bag. Both of them wore leg wraps(?) just like Inosuke who travels a lot. Maybe they will hang around Kanoe for awhile. At least that's what I'm hoping for 🤧

Double-page supporter
This is so damn sad. Also great storytelling- they literally dropped all of Kanoe’s plot in one single chapter, but it didn’t feel rushed! The poor kid, I mean I’m glad the textile merchant didn’t kick him out. But the mom and him had to suffer so much...

Shirou’s grandad may be a deadbeat dad, but he did fulfill his promise for a decade :’(

and i thought this manga can’t get any sadder 😭😭😭 thank you for this chapter!

Dex-chan lover
Well that was sad. Kinda want to beat the Father that decided to fall into debt and marry his daughter off against her will to get out of it.

Users who are viewing this thread