Chieri's Love Is 8 Meters Tall - Ch. 34.5

Dex-chan lover
Whatever -R studies are, I was trying to think of what it could be, not sexual education, not CPR too many letters.
I'm fairly sure that part is meant to indicate what he meant when saying that ("watch over your studies", rather than just watching over her in a general/protective sense). The "-r studies" attaches directly into the non parenthetical sentence, it isn't it's own thing, he also probably wasn't saying that part out loud

Dex-chan lover
I feel like something was lost in translation.
Why would she be mad/embarrassed about him saying he'd be happy to watch over her?
I don't think there's anything wrong with/lost in the translation, rather I think it's just an overreaction on her part (also misunderstanding obviously). The implication she's taking is that he wants to protect her (like one might want to protect their significant other) and/or be close with her such that he can see her closely. I don't know if this makes sense, I think it's kinda hard for me to verbalize/communicate my reading of it

Fed-Kun's army
I don't think there's anything wrong with/lost in the translation, rather I think it's just an overreaction on her part (also misunderstanding obviously). The implication she's taking is that he wants to protect her (like one might want to protect their significant other) and/or be close with her such that he can see her closely. I don't know if this makes sense, I think it's kinda hard for me to verbalize/communicate my reading of it
That's clearly it, however it's still rather odd. She has never reacted like that before. I blame the tan.

Users who are viewing this thread