Chiyu Mahou no Machigatta Tsukaikata: Senjou wo Kakeru Kaifuku Youin - Ch. 71.1

Dex-chan lover
The short action scene is shows Usato did learn how to fight, he fought up very close so that Karon can’t use his axe well (pg. 19-20). This is in contrast to ch.62 in their initial encounter which Usato stayed a little further and let Karon swing his axe at him multiple times while Usato could not effectively punch back without assistance (ch 62, pg. 32-35).

It’s a nice detail that probably wouldn’t be as vivid in a purely written work.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
It should have ended this chapter since he had the guy in grasp and stupidly "heal exploded" him away instead of just grabbing the Axe.
But I hope that no more than 3
By the pattern of this manga takes around 3 volumes per arc. First volume for introductions and beginning of the plot, volume 2 for the plot develop with the plot-twist or revelation in the end as cliffhanger and volume 3 for preparation and final battle.

Since this is the beginning of chapter 2 of volume 3 of this arc i would say this fight will last 3 chapters leaving the last for the epilogue and the possible hint of the next arc.

Dex-chan lover
God, I really hope that the ice arc will end soon. It is so dragged out and adds nothing important beyond dragon gauntlet.
“Adds nothing important other than the protagonist receiving his weapon” this arc has already done more than Samriel arc with that alone because in Samriel they left with the same stuff they had when entering.

This arc isn’t even really dragging on at all, it’s maintaining the same pace as the previous arcs, and is going to be showing how Usato will be developing in the future before their arrival at the beast nation. The only reason it feels dragging is because of the part chapters.

Dex-chan lover
Mhm finally back to fighting. Gotta say, the comments were more interesting though: TIL there's a "beautiful girl" tag. Do they just put this on every title aimed at a male audience there is :pepela:

Thanks for the upload!

Dex-chan lover
It looks like that's a single piece of metal, so it would make the boot rather stiff.

It is indeed lame.

It's so rare for characters to use helmets. That's normally the first or maybe second piece of armour a soldier would get.

"Healing magic: Explosive hand!!"
Just smile and nod.

A metal armour is kind of crap against the cold. You might be better without it.

Have you met people? They do illogical and pointless things all the time.
Just look at half the arguments on these forums.

By the pattern of this manga takes around 3 volumes per arc.
I'm so used to the pattern of the current arc being 20% longer than the previous arc.

Dex-chan lover
I just thought of something but, if the person the mc is fighting can’t feel pain at all, wouldn’t the mc’s attacks against them amount to nothing? Considering the mc’s attacks only inflict pain but don’t do damage because it immediately heals afterwards.
I think they explained it back when he fought the black knight that his punches deliver healing magic but the pain they inflict is still real. So, considering his less than human capabilities and now the gauntlet, he's basically delivering the pain of a pile-driver punch including trauma into each blow though it'll heal immediately I guess. Sort of like an enemy's "knockout gauge" rather than a health bar.

Dex-chan lover
Those anti-slipping equipment look all wrong.
You want small spikes essentially spread around the whole sole, so it balances the weight distribution, not some teeth pattern just on the edges.
Shows that the artist has never been to true north, smh.

That would be the dog I mentioned. Guess I didn't make it clear enough that I was jokingly calling it a dog, my bad.
Wait, wouldn't that be 2 dogs then? Including senpai I mean. Also who is the cat you mentioned? We've got a dog, a bear, a fox and an owl, but no cats yet

It should have ended this chapter since he had the guy in grasp and stupidly "heal exploded" him away instead of just grabbing the Axe.
But I hope that no more than 3
And how would he do that? You are forgetting that Karon's base physical abilities are better than Usato's. Usato won't win in a direct contest of strength. And he has only learned basic fighting techniques from Leona. Defending and counterattacking is the best he could do.

Dex-chan lover
i like this kind of story where the MC might be a bit OP but still need some supports instead of just steamroll solo everything

Dex-chan lover
Wait, wouldn't that be 2 dogs then? Including senpai I mean. Also who is the cat you mentioned? We've got a dog, a bear, a fox and an owl, but no cats yet
The answer is simple: my memory is garbage. I thought the young girl was a cat girl. Fox, then? Well if I count the bear as a dog, then I can count the fox as a cat. Who is the other dog? Hell, maybe even I don't know what I meant anymore.

The answer is simple: my memory is garbage. I thought the young girl was a cat girl. Fox, then? Well if I count the bear as a dog, then I can count the fox as a cat. Who is the other dog? Hell, maybe even I don't know what I meant anymore.
As I said, the other dog is senpai. You know, the girl who was isekai'd with Usato? One of the summoned heroes.

Dex-chan lover
As I said, the other dog is senpai. You know, the girl who was isekai'd with Usato? One of the summoned heroes.
Eh, maybe her personality. But she not like ACTUAL animal or part animal or capable of becoming an animal, is she? Or am I forgetting something again?

Users who are viewing this thread