Chiyu Mahou no Machigatta Tsukaikata: Senjou wo Kakeru Kaifuku Youin - Vol. 3 Ch. 13

Dex-chan lover
Use the Ippo strategy of blocking with your face. Or maybe
4a5.gif

If I get cut with a cursed blade and the cut won't heal then I just need to cut off (or out) the part of me that is cursed then I can heal the cut I made. Problem solved.

Dex-chan lover
Actually, the dude doesn't need anyone's permission to leave if he wants to. When did he swear any oaths or sign contracts? That's right. Never. He isn't even a citizen of that country. He's as pure a foreigner as you can get, seeing how he's basically a space alien, summoned from another world.

Group Leader
@Kaarme
Well, yeah. But, I think it's a matter of manner?
The king had bowed to him, to the kidnapped summoned heroes, to save his country. The MCs also has agreed and decided to help that country. To leave without any notice or permission is just disrespectful, I think.

Dex-chan lover
@nyaasar In his everyday life he's being treated like a bottom rung recruit. He's living in spartan barracks, sharing a room with an ex-convict looking dude. He has fully accepted a psycho as his commanding officer, not that he would have been given a choice, considering all the violence. I don't see much respect for him. You don't need to respect those who don't respect you. It doesn't matter what the king says if he hasn't told Rose to show the MC some basic respect as a foreigner who was brought in against his own will, yet who is supposed to risk his life to help defend a kingdom that has got nothing to do with him. Because, you know, Rose treats the MC like a slave. She sees no worth in Usato other than his potential as a healer. He's barely even a human in her eyes. Usato is hard M, so he doesn't care, in fact he seems to love being treated like a pile of dung. In that sense anything I say is kind of pointless, but I just say it on a general level, as a principle.

Ah yes, the good 'ol "humans are racists for no reason in direct contradiction of real life" trope. Seriously, humans are reactionary. Racism comes from seeing inferior development in groups and concluding they must be lesser since advancement of society and technology is what people base such things on (wonder what that makes a primitive society that kidnaps scientists and forces them to invent for it). Also, on behaviors and history. Race is simply a convenient categorization for much, though not all, such situations. Which gets into things like skin color and the like simply being easy identification. There might be literally one person in a million who actually care about someone's appearance in a bigoted way, but it isn't really natural to humans.

So, when it comes to things like beastfolk (or faunus in RWBY) or whatever else in a setting being treated poorly (or allegedly, such as how RWBY shows the inverse of what racism the characters claim), you need to ask yourself "What did they do to earn that treatment?" Because humans, by their inherent nature as a species, aren't going to give a crap about what you look like. They'll only care whether you have anything useful to trade or will be good allies in emergency or war and if you are a threat to the well-being of their people. Well, except for Africa, where genocide is regularly practiced by the indigenous peoples for groups being too light-skinned or too dark-skinned. And Arabia, where the culture and religion teach that raiding and enslaving people, especially sex slaves, is right and moral and will send you to heaven/paradise.

Then again, maybe I'm overthinking it and it's mangaka calling out Japan's extreme xenophobia.

If I get cut with a cursed blade and the cut won't heal then I just need to cut off (or out) the part of me that is cursed then I can heal the cut I made. Problem solved.
Yeah, that was my first thought all those years ago when watching The Fellowship of the Ring and Frodo got stabbed by a Morgul blade. I was like "just cut around the wound and heal that." My parents told me "hush, it's a movie."

Users who are viewing this thread