Chiyu Mahou no Machigatta Tsukaikata: Senjou wo Kakeru Kaifuku Youin - Vol. 4 Ch. 18.2

Dex-chan lover
Time for Usato to whup some bullies butts with healing magic? :)

Dex-chan lover
My suspension of disbelief can handle armor bikini, magic, inadequate social structure, summoning chosen ones from other world, lots of leaps in logic...
But I can't possibly believe in world disgusted by fluff! Are they all allergic or something?

Dex-chan lover
@kwendy
Racial supremacy. Either they generally consider themselves better for some reason, or they dislike the other races enough to hate them and make themselves feel better.

Dex-chan lover
@Robbini That's one thing (also it's pretty modern concept if I know correctly), but disgust of fluff was specifically stated! Unless... It's envy? Are human supremacists actually closet furries?

Aggregator gang
@kwendy That's the only explanation that makes sense. What else could it be other than envy for fluffy cuteness that knows no bounds? ;D

Mah dude @givemersspls if you're that shallow then Usato isn't, the girl apologised, Usato healed himself and avoided further trouble by humbling himself because he probably knew that the girl misunderstood it and thought that "you shouldn't cry about spilled milk". It already happened, what can he do about past mishaps? Bitch about it? What is it gonna do? Satisfy the viewers? Then what? Unconciously engraving the feeling of superiority to the girl who's done harm without realising it? Then what's the point lmao it will just create more demerits for him.

He's not a shallow person, the girl understood her mistakes and Usato forgave her; she probs won't do it in the future lmao

It's annoying cliche but it's not just no brainer, but I do agree with you on Usato apologising; that was plain bullshit.

@givemersspls idk if you haven't read it but I am agreeing with you that Usato apologising was plain bullshit, however he has already done it. No use complaining, they had a conclusion of a misunderstanding, let bygones be bygones.

Usato is a the most typical Japanese ever so I can sort of see why he acts like that, because my Japanese friends does that shit too, they would apologise a lot of times (I wouldn't say half heartedly or insincere but they just apologise whenever shit happens, it's probably ingrained in their culture or some shit so they can avoid trouble if it escalates further (you can see this in Japanese Mass Media too where they make people attend conferences if shit happens)) that's why I can see why Usato would act like that.

@givemersspls "And don't try to give the excuse of Japanese culture." I think you misunderstood me right there, I never said anything, I simply stated that I can see Usato acting like that because of his culture, I never said it was good nor it was bad, I simply just stated it that's why I can see him acting like that.

I can see your points clearly but to be completely honest this time with Kiriha just seemed like Usato could just not be fucked whilst on the time with Fel, whilst she is a psycopath, seemed as if Usato was just consoling a person who doesn't know how to handle their emotions because they weren't properly taught to (partially canon as well since Fel keeps implying that she's lonely as shit therefore no one really talks to her), it's lazy writting as of now but it can turn good if done correctly, look at Scar from Fullmetal Alchemist.

I'm on the neutral on this one or "I don't really give a shit, I just enjoy the manga as itself no matter how dumb the characters can get."

Group Leader
SbBMPIT.png

Let me pet those floofy ears!

Dex-chan lover
"So they do dogeza in other worlds too."

I'm glad the author at least had the decency to point out how unexpected it is for a society without any relation or history with japan to to Dogezas. Other series just gloss over it like it's normal, completely ignoring the fact they're in a different plane of existence which has no connection to Japan at all.

They're acting like the discrimination is commonplace, yet all we've been told thus far indicates that it's not common but exists in some locations. And in Luqvis in particular, it is simply that some people from foreign lands discriminate, which in turn means that the great majority of the people in the city don't care if someone is a beastfolk or not...which means the talk in this chapter about Usato being different from the humans they've met before is utter nonsense.

Users who are viewing this thread