Chounin A wa Akuyaku Reijou wo Doushitemo Sukuitai - Vol. 4 Ch. 17 - Summer Research

Dex-chan lover
Thank god an actual smart MC with deduction skills. He realised what Amy was up to immidiately.

Also the shower scenes were really out of place :D

Dex-chan lover
good translation. Thank you!
also super weird shower sequence. I know it's just for fan service but still weird
dude right? Like what an odd choice to display information of each character lmao. Gotta put some service I guess was their thinking

Double-page supporter
Two chapters in less than 2 months? What kind of sorcery is this?

Anyway, good chapter, good tits, good translation. Thanks again, @Trident lad.

Dex-chan lover
I feel like it's a bit of a leap for MC to think she's a reincarnater right there without a lttle more evidence, but it's fine.
Thanks for the chapter

Dex-chan lover
I checked just now, Syosetu listing was pulled entirely. And apparently migrated to Kakiyomu.
You can tell by the singular upload date of "Feb 27, 2021". They deleted and moved it entirely when completed.

I think the final "Amy" side story chapter earned a lot of flame comments, due to the way Syosetu separates R15/R18.
It's not so much of a spoiler, as futher indication of genre shift/sloppiness/lack of focus by the author, IMO.

Referring to my original comment: I felt this story went off the rails in the second act, with Deus Ex Machina.
I more greatly enjoyed the underdog "exploiting a buggy game" aspect we had here in the first act.
  • My LN recommendation instead: "Only I Know This World Is a Game" by Usbar. (The WN/LN, less the Manga.)
    It is much more on-topic and focused. Has good arcs. And ending. Usbar has a lot of experience writing.

• My second LN recommendation in this vein (also by Usbar, surprise surprise): "I'm Not The Hero!". (The WN/LN, less the manga.)
    It is still in progress, both WN and LN. But it also adds the elements characteristic to Usbar works.
Great recommendations, read both. I liked seeing the enactment of Only I know this world is a game in manga form, just to hammer home the ridiculousness

Dex-chan lover
anyone one know where I can find the LN version of this story? I've read all of the WN version that's easy enough to find.

Dex-chan lover
Back when the first few manga chapters came out I read like 60 chapters of the novel? it was a pretty ok read
I've grown tired of certain tropes though, so
Anastascia getting jealous over the MC so much as talking to another girls is especially tiresome--but it happens only a few times so I can shrug it off.

The novel really speedruns the story though, curious to see if the manga will be as fast paced.

Dex-chan lover
Author has already shown us a nude 8 year old Allen, a flirtatious adult hitting on 12 year old Allen, and now I hear about this ending. Author is a sick fuck.
TBF, all these fanservice wasn't in the novel iirc. That's why I'm surprised by all these shower scenes.

The only fucked up thing I remember from that is the rape thing that would have happened in the "original" plot.

Dex-chan lover
The novel was good enough to read twice... But I don't remember wanting to punch, dropkick, and then dump toilet water on the capture targets this bad.
The visuals are making me despise them even more.

Wait for it though... I know the person I hate the most will act out more soon.

Dex-chan lover
TBF, all these fanservice wasn't in the novel iirc. That's why I'm surprised by all these shower scenes.

The only fucked up thing I remember from that is the rape thing that would have happened in the "original" plot.
Don't read this if you haven't read the novel yet
She get's protected from it but still experiences something very awful. But yea in the original plot line she doesn't get protected at all.

Dex-chan lover
The novel was good enough to read twice... But I don't remember wanting to punch, dropkick, and then dump toilet water on the capture targets this bad.
The visuals are making me despise them even more.

Wait for it though... I know the person I hate the most will act out more soon.
I'm assuming you're referring to Leonardo? I hated the crown prince and Leonardo the most.

Dex-chan lover
I'm assuming you're referring to Leonardo? I hated the crown prince and Leonardo the most.
Actually the villainess's family some villagers and the elf village are pretty much the only people worth liking.
The wyverns are also great. They have such a huge role later in the story. But the original game set them up to die. What a crap game.
Other than those I've just mentioned everyone else really sucks. The king is truly detestable.

Dex-chan lover
Curious. It wouldn't be the first time we've had multiple reincarnators on opposing sides in an Otome game setting, so it'll be interesting to see how it plays out.

... Assuming Amy is a reincarnator, that is; wouldn't surprise me if it's some minor divine intervention trying to course correct Allen's changes or something along those lines.
Honestly they're getting less and less interesting as more of them pop up like mushrooms IMO

I'm finding myself enjoying "It's a game setting but the characters aren't programmed" takes on the setting.

Users who are viewing this thread