Chounin A wa Akuyaku Reijou wo Doushitemo Sukuitai - Vol. 5 Ch. 22 - Allen is in a duel vs 5 opponent's

Dex-chan lover
Dude this type of shit is my favorite
This is supposed to be the big moment where the MC holds a speech and convinces everyone and he just goes "NUHUH" because of the authors complete lack of worldly experience and writing talent
Realistically nobody would give half a shit about what he has to say
Hes trying to discredit the fucking prince of the county and he just goes "Well actually theres no evidence 🤓" hhahahahha
And then he goes "I dont have a reason to lie" MF YOU ARE THE ONLY PERSON THATS ON HER SIDE WHY WOULD ANYBODY BELIEVE YOU HAHAHAHA
aside from the spectacle itself as was mentioned, you also shouldn't assume everyone is on his side because he's the prince. The opposing side is a dukedom, next in status to royalty. More so, the duke and their allies hold the territory that supplies most of the country's food. Most of their sides opposition to the duke is out of sheer arrogance and a failure to understand the damage a food shortage would cause from fighting them. Other parties and noble wouldn't be quick to side with him. In fact, they have many reasons to be concerned about the prince's behavior.

There's another story that has a similar issue for the other nobles looking at the prince where a noble girl had a crush on a gloomy lower ranked noble boy doing research at the academy. The prince kept chasing after the girl and everyone swore that she was just playing hard to get to entice him. Then he abducted her and forced the gloomy guy into a duel for her. When the prince lost badly and she happily ran into the gloomy guy's arms, it clicked for all the noble kids watching that the prince was a tyrant who uses his power to threaten other nobles just to get women. The prince did all this while the adults weren't looking but the adult nobles never bought his shit and were already pushing to have the prince lose his right to the throne before any of this started.

tl;dr: there's a few reasons they would side with the mc. Namely that he represents the side that controls most of the more vital resources and that if the prince would make false accusations and threaten the daughter of a duke and his own fiancé at the behest of his new mistress then he would do the same or worse to them who have less power. It's very much in their own benefit to doubt the prince right now.

Dex-chan lover
I get the complaints for the previous chapter, but the translation for this chapter wasn't even that bad, stop being babies, if no one picked this up it would just get forgotten for years, now that new chapters are coming out it has the chance of being picked up by a group that cares and has the skills to back it up

Dex-chan lover
damn.. complaining on free MTL?
read better.. git gud..
and also im ESL on top of telling you this..
:nyoron: :nyoron: :nyoron:

Dex-chan lover
There's another story that has a similar issue for the other nobles looking at the prince where a noble girl had a crush on a gloomy lower ranked noble boy doing research at the academy. The prince kept chasing after the girl and everyone swore that she was just playing hard to get to entice him. Then he abducted her and forced the gloomy guy into a duel for her. When the prince lost badly and she happily ran into the gloomy guy's arms, it clicked for all the noble kids watching that the prince was a tyrant who uses his power to threaten other nobles just to get women. The prince did all this while the adults weren't looking but the adult nobles never bought his shit and were already pushing to have the prince lose his right to the throne before any of this started.
This story sounds really familiar. Is it The Lady Likes a Nerd over Princes?

Although MobuSeka still has the more satisfying duel of the harem getting absolutely destroyed because of how funny it was, the prince in "The Lady Likes a Nerd over Princes" getting wrecked was way more satisfying there than what we got in this manga. I liked how the nerd beat the prince using his brains over simply overpowering him like in almost every other story. Allen straight up walking up and shooting people that can't fight back feels like a huge letdown.

Dex-chan lover

Although MobuSeka still has the more satisfying duel of the harem getting absolutely destroyed because of how funny it was, the prince in "The Lady Likes a Nerd over Princes" getting wrecked was way more satisfying there than what we got in this manga. I liked how the nerd beat the prince using his brains over simply overpowering him like in almost every other story. Allen straight up walking up and shooting people that can't fight back feels like a huge letdown.
I agree with you that the fight was a the let down but we have seen Allen's fighting style for a while now. It basically is a sneak attack build with wind magic powered guns.

Dex-chan lover

That series you mentioned climaxed on the showdown against the prince, while this one still has more to go on after this

Dex-chan lover
I'll take any TL of this tbh. I have seen the raws for too long and barely knew what was happening lol. I'll take it

Dex-chan lover
Tbh i just read the raws of this chapter (its up to chapter 25) i just used my phone's google lense on translate while the raw manga was on another device. xD it's pretty close, but glad this group cleared up some lines google translate wasn't able to clear up

Group Leader
aside from the spectacle itself as was mentioned, you also shouldn't assume everyone is on his side because he's the prince. The opposing side is a dukedom, next in status to royalty. More so, the duke and their allies hold the territory that supplies most of the country's food. Most of their sides opposition to the duke is out of sheer arrogance and a failure to understand the damage a food shortage would cause from fighting them. Other parties and noble wouldn't be quick to side with him. In fact, they have many reasons to be concerned about the prince's behavior.
I want more (any) Akuyaku Reijou stories that deal with the political fallout and after reading ahead in the novel this one gets close. Otome Games Are Tough For Mobs almost did it but then went fantasy.

Supporter
Thank you for the translation, greatly improved!

The hardest part to track for me is the fight seems to skip frames. But it does that in the raws so...

Dex-chan lover
No, this gives the illusion that no one who is actually competent at translating needs to rework these chapters.

I have hundreds of manga that hasnt seen a translated chapther for years and years. They are now so old and forgotten that not even trash MTL knows about em. Strike the iron while it is hot or fade into obscurity.

I seen lots of compentent TLs redo already translated projects that they can do better with. And nothing stopped them.

This mentality "only good translation should exist" and the whole "sniping" BS is just excuses some people barf so they can monopolise the TLs of popular series and take payment for it on the downlow on discord.

Supporter
duel's rigged from the start, that's why he's the referee so it's obvious he's a plant but it's not shown that he was healing them so it might be need a spoiler blur my guy
He didn’t heal them in the Manga, he healed them in the game itself where the prince and his goons were fighting the villainess

Dex-chan lover
Man this translation is all over the place...

I think I saw a bit of the groovy MTL in the middle of the chapter...

I would like to edit the statement but leave the original post as is:

I believe they uploaded a better version of the pages I saw before. Marx the Magician previously stated that it wasn't poisonous, baby, which made me state the above grooviness.

The current one is better than what I saw, so good work, but still needs some polish!

Aggregator gang
This, but the MC of that other manga/Novel pwned the idiotic henchmen hilariously! :kek: Allen just looks like a cheap rip-off of Bartford.

Personally, I thought this one was more satisfying than how Bartford did the same thing. Allen was actually emotionally invested in what was going on in a way Bartford wasn't, and he defeated the boys in a way that makes sense given his abilities, rather than simply relying on an overpowered supermech that got handed to him like how Bartford did.

Not to say I dislike how Bartford handled things, I just think this guy did it more interestingly. Smokescreen + the stealth ability he's had all along to eliminate the ranged threats and take advantage of the fact that the mage has a tendency to panic at the unexpected? It was simple, but clever and felt legit given how he's been planning this beatdown for 22 chapters. After so much planning it really should've been quick and fast, since the Prince were going in arrogant and totally ignorant of his opponent's capabilities while Allen knew everything about Team Prince.

Group Leader
I have hundreds of manga that hasnt seen a translated chapther for years and years. They are now so old and forgotten that not even trash MTL knows about em. Strike the iron while it is hot or fade into obscurity.

I seen lots of compentent TLs redo already translated projects that they can do better with. And nothing stopped them.

This mentality "only good translation should exist" and the whole "sniping" BS is just excuses some people barf so they can monopolise the TLs of popular series and take payment for it on the downlow on discord.
I have also seen hundreds of manga be plagued by bad translations for years and years that no competent TLs are touching. What makes people want to properly translate a manga is either its popularity or their love for the series, not whether anyone knows them.

This idea of people monopolising popular series and taking payment is pure bullshit when it comes to criticising bad translations. I don't give a damn about "sniping".

Users who are viewing this thread