Chounin A wa Akuyaku Reijou wo Doushitemo Sukuitai

Dex-chan lover
To give a simple review of the manga in general: The story feels like its trying to be "Otomege Sekai wa Mob ni Kibishii Sekai desu". Yet, without the more interesting world building of female dominance. Has an MC that is more intelligence focus than cunning like the one in Otomege (as well as a more 'tamed' personality). Has an MC that while hesitant, actually grows and is able to kill human enemies. Seeks to rid its story of any harem forming stereotype. Though replaces it with giving more screen time to side cast of male characters with a decent enough flavoring. I don't see it as being good as Otomege. Yet, its not something that is complete garbage. (This post was made with the most recent chapter, 15 being released)

Pros/Cons Section

Pros:

-No harem...for now it seems.
-MC does not start out as OP.
-While side characters aren't necessarily fleshed out. They at least have a flavor to them and are not bland.
-Story and MC has a decent balance of making sure not to take itself too serious.
-Female nudity does come up. However, it is largely a one off and otherwise can be easily dismissed.
-MC often treats any "ero" moments as being something tedious rather than flustered. Though not to the extent of Cid from "Eminence in Shadow".
-The MC lack of wanting to kill bandits, doesn't necessarily come off as annoying unlike with other MC's and is punished properly.
-The Wyvern side story was particularly enjoyable.

Cons:
  • Gun MC.
  • It is taking to long to get to the main plot.
  • Art style while not terrible is rather...uninteresting.
  • Combat scenes feel utterly underwhelming (refer to con 1 for why).
  • Author certainly does have a bias towards Russian weaponry. Take it as you will.
  • While MC does not start out OP. He is certainly too easily on the path of becoming OP.

Fed-Kun's army
The series is okay. Its not really that good. Once again, having guns in a fantasy world pretty much ruin the fantasy and any sense of tension in battle besides the MC's stupidity. It does get even more stupid later on though.
The premise isn't any interesting, and the world is pretty generic. All the characters are pretty generic as well. Unlike other series, the characters don't really have much of a personality.
If you need something to read while waiting for updates to series you actually want to read, this is a good filler series. If you have limited time and need to choose something carefully to read, you can skip this one.

Aggregator gang
As a fan of 'Trapped in a Dating Sim - The World of Otome Games Is Tough for Mobs'

i mean this was going great, until guns and aeroplane appeared

maybe if they went into more details and showed more trail and error
whatever smalls bits of information was provided was not enough
why not make a nuke missile as well while you are at it?
I know MC will be OP and no real threat to him, but with him making guns, just use concealment and use a sniper rifle or just through a nuke to hard bosses, 1-shot-kill, no?

It is still decent so will continue reading, just slightly disappointing.

Dex-chan lover
"i can't have you save the villainess, allen. her downfall is canon"
Spider-Man-2099-Across-the-Spider-Verse.jpg

Dex-chan lover
Can't wait for the
war crimes aka indiscriminate bombings

Double-page supporter
I always hate how every average Joe that gets isekai'ed always knows how to make a gun. I doubt that it is common knowledge in Japan. Not to mention, he learned swordsmanship only to use guns afterwards? It would be more believable if he learned to be a scout and went full thief class with his sneak skills.

Not only that, what's up with him suddenly being an aeronautical engineer? With how flippantly that fact was revealed, I won't be surprised if he is revealed to be Russian and not Japanese.

Dex-chan lover
People say its like Otome mob but other then then reincarnation into an Otome game as a commoner and the fact he's stealing the protag's loot its not even a little bit the same. But anyway his side quests pretty fun if more then a bit wacky and he has a very normal type of personality.

Dex-chan lover
I always hate how every average Joe that gets isekai'ed always knows how to make a gun. I doubt that it is common knowledge in Japan. Not to mention, he learned swordsmanship only to use guns afterwards? It would be more believable if he learned to be a scout and went full thief class with his sneak skills.

Not only that, what's up with him suddenly being an aeronautical engineer? With how flippantly that fact was revealed, I won't be surprised if he is revealed to be Russian and not Japanese.
They probably won't reveal this in the manga for a very long time, if ever, but the story goes:
He's a gun-nut aeronautic engineer who graduated from a "famous and prestigious" college. He did an internship/work program in Russia in some sort of munitions disposal/inventory-work so he could get a chance to touch and play with the guns he is a big fan of.
It's a bit too perfect for his setting, but that's how the author envisioned the guy. Said something along the lines of, "he needed to be like this for a duchess to ever look his direction."
It hasn't been mentioned yet, but the swordsmanship was meant for him to pass the entrance and maintain a decent score in his end-of-semester martial prowess exams. He's under the presumption that if he does poorly in any exam or obtains any negative marks as a commoner in his high school, he's at risk of being expelled or put on probation and unable to attend the major events.
You're right to point out this isn't in the manga, but there's just some things that didn't make the transfer from WN to manga.

Dex-chan lover
He pulled out a gun and airplane out of no where where also why does the artist keep drawing him naked every chapter.

Group Leader
i really hate when the author make og mc into a villain, its most laziest way to introduce conflict at "isekaid into novel/game", and this is literally copy of Otome mob.

Group Leader
So… after getting impatient and bingeing the web-novel yesterday… I'd say that this is nothing to write home about. A pity; it had quite a bit of potential.

It's pretty evident that the author wanted this work to deal with some pretty mature themes, such as sexual abuse, death/killing, and the like. But it really doesn't work for me, and a very big reason for that is because the characters all feel to me like cardboard cut-outs.

Some spoilery stuff ahead. Comparisons with MobSeka are liberally made, due to their similarities.
Merits:
  • No harem (Looking at you, MobSeka)
  • Characters from previous chapters come back in satisfying ways
  • The side-ship of Melissa and Jerome is a breath of fresh air
  • The depiction of politics gets a pass, if nothing else
Demerits:
  • Katerina does not play as important a role as Mylene; in fact, she's basically an accessory to the story.
    • Particular gripe: I wanted someone to romance her.
  • As mentioned above, characters are all two-dimensional; in particular…
    • The one-note-villainness Anastasia has been replaced by the one-note-villainness Amy; Amy's evil is cartoonish in both magnitude and type.
      (In MobSeka the female antagonist was merely a petulant child, ie a character that exists in reality.)
    • The original capture targets could be replaced with parrots that repeat “I Love Amy” without much change to the story
      (MobSeka was wayyyyyyyy better in that regard, the original capture targets even ended up building a sort of rapport with the protagonist, if not outright friendship)
    • A character with a body count in the myriads must by necessity have very deep scars in his soul. Letting said character keep the same idealism as in the beginning of the story is just shoddy character work.
    • A teen-aged noblewoman won't have premarital sex, no matter how deeply she loves the other person
  • In general, the combination of seinen-grade dark themes with shounen-grade simplistic scenario and characters is jarring
All in all… a 6/10, maybe 7/10 if I was feeling generous.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread