• Ban Solo Leveling

Votes: 4,192 65.3%
  • Ban Isekai

Votes: 2,230 34.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
@exbinary they would get a lower return for the first suggestion due to advertising firms are interested in returns (aka actually getting ppl hooked) not just clicks hence most require the ads to be visible over a large portion for more eye balls.

Between ads and the threat of shutting down I'll pick ads, they might be annoying but it's way much better than lose server capability or even the service itself

@pomfkatze what about implementing a coin system? You can earn coins by watching ads like they do in mobile games. Those coins don't have to do anything but maybe you can buy colorful nicknames or titles.
When there is a need for money, an event can be organized like we need this much money all coin gains is doubled until we hit the goal.
A progress bar that says out of 900$ we gathered this much from ads would be nice.

The website has been slowed down considerably and there has been lots of “error” messages, for example right now.

I think the point is not to limit growth by negatively affecting a portion of the site's visitors, but to get more money to support it.

Off the top of my head:

1. Have someone write/link a guide to crypto, since it seems a lot of people are stopped by how confusing it is.

2. Have an area of the site that shows the amount needed to keep the site running and how much has been raised so far that month.

3. If people are willing to do this, have people send their donation money to trusted, long term crypto donators. Have them be very transparent on where the money is going, maybe input a money cap so each crypto donator can only pool like $100 or something.

4. Have some kind of premium but inconsequential service? But then again, that might be off the table if it requires personal details.

5. One day a week or maybe a daily prime traffic hour where you run ads.

6. I've seen people say that you should have an ad page and if that's plausible it sounds like a good idea. Maybe you could tie the premium service to it, and you earn coins whenever you view ads? Coins could be used to buy avatars, awards, (like reddit gold but bought with ad coins) ect.

7. You could even partner with any willing translation teams so users can buy their delayed releases with coins earned from watching ads.

8. Ask solo leveling readers (in the comments or in discord? ) to delay how quickly they get to new releases. Personally I'd be fine with checking in a day later or something.

The transparency is very appreciated. As long as ads are SFW, don't interrupt the reading experience, and don't force me to click on them, I'm fine with them, and I think most people would be too.

I just saw this, and realized that I didn't even notice the ad when it ran, despite the fact that I read a ton of manga on the site exclusively on mobile with no adblocker. I'm sad I didn't get to click the ads to support! Really, such nonintrusive ads are a small sacrifice to make for superior loading speeds and no more errors.

...Or just ban Solo Leveling.

Honestly I've played the game before and it's quite a nice one! I can also definitely handle ads! They are nothing to me! Don't worry and keep them coming!

I'd love to support if there was a Patreon or Ko-fi or some other way to donate cash, but I'm not very comfortable with crypto. In the interim, I'll happily accept ads if that helps keep the site up.

Fed-Kun's army
I know the poll is a joke..... but what if the community is actually ok removing Solo Leveling? Via another poll "remove Solo Leveling vs keeping it". Would we get rid of it?
The servers are under such a heavy load right now, i'm getting 500 errors left and right.

I dont know what's that Solo Leveling thing, but if it puts that much strain on the server, an ad could be placed on the newly released chapters to cover costs I guess. Win-Win for both sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread