• Ban Solo Leveling

Votes: 4,192 65.3%
  • Ban Isekai

Votes: 2,230 34.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I pay $5/m for the 1TB of storage my mangadex@home node is allowed to use. I'm already using the VPS for other stuff, and CPU/memory load is fine, so I'm not counting that cost. Would it be more beneficial to give that equivalent money direct to mangadex through available channels, or keep the node running? Or, even increase the storage the node has available? My provider has a flat fee for block storage, $5/m/TB.

Honestly, kinda disappointed, despite the fact i only ever use this on my phone or ipad without adblock I never saw the ad, or never noticed

Here is a list of alternatives to PayPal that might work out for getting some donations. I hope that at least one works so I can donate!
Google Pay
WePay
2CheckOut
Authorize.Net
Skrill
Intuit
ProPay
Dwolla
Braintree
Stripe
Payoneer
Amazon Pay
TransferWise
Venmo
Square
Payline
Shopify Payments
Worldpay
Wirecard
BlueSnap
Merchant Inc.
Viewpost
FastSpring

Dex-chan lover
@Kaal There are a few things wrong with this idea. First is that I don't think that they want to give any sort of traceable/personal info to anyone. No names, credit cards, or bank accounts. Second, several of this are for people to buy things online. What do you propose they sell? Lastly two (at least) companies are owned by Pay Pal.

Thank you for continuing to work hard and make mangadex a website where we can all share in our love for comics with minimal interference from ads. This site constantly raises the bar.

I think the ad choice was 100% appropriate, and I hope the revenue was good! Thanks for keeping us all informed.

@Plykiya what if you put an ads that could remember us to donate? Something like "we are missing $230 to get the necessary for the month".
I guess that could help this problem. As the user base is increasing, the people that want to help too.

Well ive actually checked out that game and ya its better than the average shitty mobile idle game that about sums it up its fun to play through the first time but then gets super repetitive so its only fun if your restart again

Was curious about the ad when it popped up, and while not a fan of ads in general, knowing that it had an end date and wouldn’t immediately be replaced by another one made it much more bearable.

Thank you guys for all you do to keep the site well maintained and running.

What about a page dedicated only to ads? We can voluntarily enter it and click stuff to like donate without spending money. Its content or it being intrusive wouldn't matter since entering that page would be voluntary.

Or put lots of ads to solo leveling lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread