Cigarette and Cherry - Vol. 4 Ch. 47 - Desire to Do Something for Her

Double-page supporter
Pseudo introspection. Some people actually are selfless, and even if it isn't altruistic (a term I use loathingly), to seemingly think that makes the action invalid, selfish or wrong is childishly nihilistic and disgusting.

Putting that aside, and though, that's generally the case, this one is an obvious exception. This dude is still totally creepy, pushy, annoying, clingy and boardering on genuinely autistic stalker ground. This guy does not act his age, and the idea that any grown woman except the most exceedingly damaged, especially one older than him, would be attracted to him is concerning and ridiculous.

XL

Dex-chan lover
Second wife is very supportive, what a surprise.

Dex-chan lover
Funny. I recently read a oneshot chapter where a cold was indeed, quite the event, party and everything (she partied by herself though).

@Yautja I largely agree. I was really hoping that MC would get rejected by Senpai and that would cause him to do some introspection, make him realize that it's not healthy to put someone you're interested in on a pedestal, not healthy to cling to them so tightly, et cetera, and that he and the blonde girl would kindle something more than friendship between themselves, because I think they have a healthier social dynamic. But I guess they're going full manic pixie dream girl with senpai. Or, I suppose in this case it would be depressive pixie dream girl.

Double-page supporter
@Pendulum
If you're talking about the first paragraph, yes, most likely. If you're talking about the second one, depends on the manga. KanoKari, for example, is one where I'd go ten times harder reiterating the 2nd paragraph.

@Trip-Hop-on-Pop
95% of shounen romance or manga pretending to be seinen romance often try to appeal to incels or Japan's garden variety losers. Can't say this is surprising. The whole "nice guy" shtick actually working, and not blowing up in his face, as it should and would in both the real world and any sensical manga.

@MonsterGirlHusband
If you ever want to see the absolute worst of the mangadex comments just check out the comment sections of I Shaved and Brought Home a High School Girl. Either that or any romcom where the dude isn't immediately balls deep in the main female.

Users who are viewing this thread