Cigarette and Cherry - Vol. 6 Ch. 70 - You want to make it better?

Dex-chan lover
Part of wants to condemn how much of a dick MC is being and how he's displacing his frustration,

But another part of me wants him to go full Hell's Kitchen for the lulz

At this point I just want the manga to finish tbh. Whatever the ending, just finish it please. It's getting more and more painful to read with each new chapter. How could the author fuck it up so badly?

We've had little to no progress on the main couple for God knows how many chapters. When MC finally worked up the courage to confess, I thought "OMG FINALLY THE STORY IS PROGRESSING". But instead of seeing any progress to the main couple the author decided to suddenly introduce a new character out of nowhere, as well as a new couple. It felt as if it was made just to delay the progress of the main couple. I seriously hated their arc.
Then the secondary couple arc finally reached an end and I was hoping we can finally see some progress... And yet the main couple still haven't progressed AT ALL.

I feel like every goddamn time the author is making a chapter that looks like there will be some character development and progress nothing happens in the following chapters. Like, chapters 68 and 69 really makes you think "ohhh he's getting serious, he finally matured". And then the author drops us this bullshit of chapter 70, and we're back to square one with MC acting like an impulsive idiot. And this has been the story for the past 40 chapters. The chapters that are supposed to be huge turning points in the story are followed by nothing.

All I want to do at this point is just scream "WHY CAN'T THE STORY JUST PROGRESS ?!".

@azure after 73 chapters I'm too invested in it to just drop it. You could call it the sunk cost fallacy I guess. Like when you're watching a terrible movie at the cinema, you usually end up watching it till the end, you don't usually just sit up and leave the room. It's a common occurrence.

I did start to read the last chapters half assedly though. I'm skimming through it more than anything.

Dex-chan lover
There was no reason to slap him for god's sake.

Also, I agree with the guy below. This is getting really frustrating to read. I'm in too deep to quit right now, but I'm getting pissed.

@Darklight99 There was a reason to slap him. You're using real world logic when it's a fictional world using frequently used tropes of this genre. Dude is a dense genki character, the type of dude that slaps his own face to motivate himself and wears his heart on his sleeve. Nothing less than a slap or straight up yelling at him was going to get him to come to that realization. If he's that unaware to not yell at a co-worker (when he's not on shift) in front of a customer. What makes you think he'd come to that conclusion himself?

Come on now..

Dex-chan lover
@ADende Hitting oneself for motivation is much different than a coworker slapping you. Even if she hits him regularly, violence as a joke is different than the way it was portrayed here, with complete seriousness.

I never said that she shouldn't yell, I just said that the slap was too much.

Contributor
Every time I think "Wow! The MC is trying to change and grow up," it goes in the total opposite direction. I agree a lot with @Kekitus and as he said I've invested a lot of time in it to just drop it.

so his reaction to the senpai leaving is... promote himself to manager and be a dick to his coworker? again, terrible writing. don't even try to pass it off as him just wanting to do good. it's just not

Users who are viewing this thread