Circle Zero's Otherworldly Hero Business: Reboot

Double-page supporter
What the fuck? Hero academy arc? That came out of nowhere. Story did a complete 180, I mean magical powers and stuff were completely irrelevant before. Mc is not cunning and smart as previously. Its like the author completely changed

Dex-chan lover
Anyone read the novel? Want to know how long the slog through this school arc is and if there’s any out of character romances? Spoilers if you could.

Contributor
I liked the old series' art better but the story is getting interesting and the new artist is actually not bad. Thanks for picking it up!

why did mc turn braindead ? reads comments wait this the author of freezing ? oh fuck I wish I knew that before picking this up then I wouldn't read it

im better off reading josei manhwas with the same fantasy europian ambience background, cause the intrigue, logic, and emotional deception actually make sense rather than this "i'm smarter and holier than thou" protagonist who just actually an average gerry stu turned into mary sue

@babylin i dont know if you can really call her a mary sue because her knowledge of accountancy is accurate and thats the reason why she mannage to overthrown her step mom

I'm trying to understand the Mc's position/perspective in the hero academy but... I think this is to much. He reincarnated and have his memories and sht but can't do anything about the bullying? I know sHE has weak mana.. but... DID sHE GOT BRAINDEAD OR SOMETHING?!

Dex-chan lover
@Z
If you compare the two, for the same chapters, they basically nerfed her cleavage and cut down the fanservice. I also think that the face is drawn better with the old artist.

honestly this would have been better if it had just stayed as a bl romance between a ceo and his friend like at the beginning. The author clearly just doesn't like women so why bother writing this story?

This is alright so far but for a supposedly calculating and smart man he gets rather enraged and emotional quite easily...Besides that, I can kinda see the "character development" but so far it's barely starting; MC hates people and is manipulative but in this latest slew it seems our MC might develop a softer heart. NGL tho, that whole bullying thing was pretty ridiculous, especially with our mc's personality of being the "alpha."

Dex-chan lover
I prefer the previous art, but at least it's still continue.

I hate this now. I'm dropping it.

It is obvious where the previous author was going, and this isnt it. The valor would have been pasta, as they had chemistry, but this new author is forcing an complete beta male down your throats.

Basically beta male comes in, fat as hell, to teach either girls or guys that fat guys are not all the same and should give them a chance (or for the reader) and she is obviously falling for him. It is complete nonsense. Btw this beta is gonna turn out to be her coworker. It is pretty obvious with all the foreshadowing

While it is understandable she may get tricked once, but not all the god damn time. The author made her a dumb 15 yr old with 0 experience from her previous life. Literally they are forcing her to rely upon a fuckin beta male for a power up. I'm fine with powering her up, but she is supposed to be smart and intelligent with previous world knowledge, not some damsel that needs a man to save her.. even as a battery.

My biggest issue is in the form of the writing. She went from 100 to an airhead dumbass in 2 chapters. She is a character that uses and manipulates, but that is out the window for trust and romance. It's like the author basically turned into a shonen ai or standard genderbender in the worst possible way. I like those genres, but the author repurposed this story that was going one way to another.

My other gripe is the forced romance. If i want romance, I'll read it, but this is so outta left field that it's not funny. I didnt want an obvious forced romance... with a pervert that has mother issues and trust issues.

I may come back in a year to read it past 55, but I'm done with it now. This is garbage, and I highly doubt it will get any better.

Dropped because for one: her father is utterly unreasonable because he's literally sending a defenseless, magicless, pampered noble girl to a school which he knows probably has prejudicial biases against those with no magic. He should have given her some cash and told MC to make money.

Two: MC's mom is literally dead weight for everything. It surprises me that with her incompetence, she isn't locked up in some cold corner villa yet. To be perfectly frank, Selestia's just plain annoying. She doesn't have any ambition, can't read the room, and as a Matron of the House, she can't even manage internal affairs. It's no wonder the father relied on the second wife too much and favored her more: First Wife is literally just a pretty face and nothing else. There has to be a limit to how innocent you can be unless you're a three-year-old baby.

Three, because the MC's IQ suddenly dropped these few recent chapters. She knows that no one in that fucking school likes her. Why bother? Just escape away and build a trading empire as a merchant with all your past life's knowledge in finance. Sure, common sense might be a bit different, but with people, she could learn the ropes. For a past 'Cold and Overbearing Finance Genius who Manipulates and Assesses Everything and Everyone' MC's sure as far as it gets. If no one likes you or admits to your presence in that school, then leave! It's probably not the only magic school in the country or something. Besides, they're still commoners in the end, and MC's still an aristocrat. This means that no matter how much they ruin MC inside the school, she can still beat them back outside it. She's an aristocrat, and she should use that privilege to her advantage.

Four: The author's literally just shoving the ML down your throat as a lead. That's it. It's so out of the wall that it leaves you questioning where did that come from? That ties into the terrible writing and the forced romance/redemption arc. I mean??? Yeah, MC's an asshole. That's what has gotten them into a safe drive their entire time. Why are you trying to change that immediately? They need to be an asshole in this school full of assholes to get her own. Give MC a redemption arc with the proper TPO.

This had potential and it just decided to chuck that potential out of a ravine, unfortunately. The artist for this manwha is wasted on Im Dal-Young.

Double-page supporter
Can't believe the first version got cancelled after an arc, then we get this one and it was in a hiatus after finishing the second arc.There's just no way now nearly the 3rd year on hiatus.

Edit: Just noticed one of the authors.... Im Dal-Young strikes again.

Users who are viewing this thread