Citrus - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - love affair!?

Okay, uh...
Sit over here, miss Student Council Pres, and let me learn you all about this thing kids today call "consent"...
Gee.

Fed-Kun's army
The school's rules are dumb. You're not preparing her for society; there aren't any laws against carrying cell phones or wearing makeup. You're just enforcing useless rules that needlessly strip away the minor freedoms a kid has and the few choices they can make with no actual benefit.

This probably shouldn't be my focus when reading this, but this shit infuriates me to no end.

Dex-chan lover
You're just enforcing useless rules that needlessly strip away the minor freedoms a kid has and the few choices they can make with no actual benefit.
Isn't that exactly what's preparing them for society? When I was this age, piercings, tattoos, and unnatural hair colors would tend to get you in trouble at work. The main interaction with society schools are "preparing" kids for. Sure there wasn't a law against any of it, but your workplace can and will try to dictate these parts of your life even now by claiming you look unprofessional. These things are relaxing a bit as time moves forward but we're not all the way there yet even where I live, let alone in Japan, where having a tattoo pretty much gets you banned from public baths and pools.

Dex-chan lover
People complaining about the enforcing of "useless" rules. It is those very useless rules that make society in the first place. It is the useless rule to greet each other in case of meeting. You are not forced to do so, but we all do it, because it is a showoff that you are accepting the rules of a conversation and aren't hostile (unless you have hidden ulterior motive). Hence the other person is shown the willingness to share time, and therefore resource with you, that benefit both in some way or another.

Now on the specific rules here "Isn't that exactly what's preparing them for society?". It totally is. Those girls and later woman, will marry a person who will provide for them and their offspring, and in return they only need to "behave" in a way that isn't disturbing the social status of the partner. There is no problem with that. Those future wife will get spoiled with the earings their ("rich") men do, and for that exchange they have to confirm into their role. This role has restrictions and is confined by rules. IF you don't accept rules in your early life you show that you don't be willing to go along them in a later part. And if you don't do so you are in the least part an annoyance to your future partner and in the worst no proper partner to have offspring with.

Fucking spoiled people think of rules as something to break for their own amusement, or those very rules are just "dumb". But you can only say so, if you have the means to make yourself a living to live outside of the rules. And it is only a couple decades ago, that woman can (without prostituting themself in one way or another) live "independent". Non or less they still are not, because most of them who might be looking independent only substituted the husband by the welfare state and are still in some kind of wealth transfer especially if they wanna have offspring and raise it properly (e.g. form them to their own ideals and not them of others, like surrogates or in the worst case the state, which only has the interest to form a proper tax-payer). Woman are over their lifetime netto negativ tax payers on the average and this will never change as long as they actually want to be in charge of having and raising offspring along the lines of maternal instinct.
So the trade society offered at least for the most part in mankind history was the dependence to a husband who can provide full time and exchange the confirmation to a set of rules to be the wife that is needed to have and raise offspring that will by themself do the same in the moment of having the best living conditions possible in that situation.

Don't give yourself the crap of independence. You never will be as long as you wanna have all the benefits of society and that also lasting for future generations to come. It would be better to not look down on this. Sure it has its problems, but it was stable for the purpose of perpetual procreation, which is the purpose of life. If the collective or individual stray away to much from it. Well. If you brake it you won't fix it. And that is happening in the west right now. YOU get replaced.

The theme of rules and following it or breaking them is a thing to debate over all history long, having it in this context is rather strange, but also I guess an intent of the setting and actions of the protagonists.

ok what

Also, to add to the ethical debate in the comment section for a fucking incest yuri manga, rules are a necessary evil when it comes to society. Yet, the extent to which they are enforced in schools defeats the purpose of what they aim to accomplish. If respect is what teachers and staff members want, being micromanaged over ultimately inconsequential wrongdoings makes that pursuit redundant. What would you prefer, coming to respect someone, or having it beaten out of you? We all know why they do it, though. It's because schools only care about money and their public image, which is why they want to mould all their model students into the same person.

I can't agree less with the opinion that getting compartmentalised by a shitty system prepares people for the bullshit in the real world. My time spent in high school didn't give me the experience or discipline to venture out into the real world - only the qualifications. When you're getting assessed relative to another person's understanding of what intelligence and discipline is, it's easy to lose track of what you want from life. The story of a high school student graduating to university and then losing control of their life is far too common, as the transition from a structure that is hypervigilant and unrealistic proves to be too great for them.

The only preparation for the real world you can get as a student is by getting a part-time job or engaging with the community - things which don't involve seeing the world through another person's eyes.

Aggregator gang
Doesn’t this count as sexual assault? Well, the anime made it a lot worse.

I would fuck with this heavily if only they weren’t step sisters ... but imeannn ill still check it out, my degeneracy aint stopping me

Dex-chan lover
I guess there isn't consent between her and the teacher, so she "reproduced" the kiss to show her.
Not really better, still no consensual, but if my hypothesis is correct, could count as a cry for help ?

Group Leader
I don’t know how your high school is but in mine, students aren’t allowed to use phones in class. Any instances of using a phone would get you in big trouble, first warning 1 day 2nd warning a week and 3rd the rest of the school year. But strangely enough we can use tablets and computers and may use phones if the teacher permits. Ofc not everyone is gonna comply and gaming on phone during class is very often and the majority of them are very bad at that particular subject so it isn’t entirely senseless that the rule was implemented and you are 15 now, shouldn’t you spend your time at school sensibly anyway? Those who complain about schools confiscating their phones are the same one who keep on using their phone in class

Users who are viewing this thread