Citrus - Vol. 10 Ch. 41 - Love forever

Group Leader
Kinda screwy at the end, as everyone has pointed out by now...
Overall it was a pretty good manga, but it sure had some low points.
Makes me worried about this proposed spin-off, lol

That last arc was pretty rushed and poorly written when compared to the rest of the Manga. But Im glad for the ending. Im glad that Im not gonna have to pass the next few days troubled. Yuzu and Mei are happy and that's all that matters.

The last few chapters were a bit of a whirlwind compared to the pacing of the bulk of the read but glad that it had a happy ending,
To be honest I was kind of expecting a bit more of an ambiguous ending, definitely less "they lived happily ever after" for sure but maybe I'm a masochist.

Dex-chan lover
How much time passes from Mei’s rescue to their marriage? At first I suppose some months (following Yuzu’s “it’s a possibility in the near future”) but aren’t them heavily underage for marriage at that point?

I felt that the choice of not seeing much from the post-proposal reactions was good...since there is little to say, they almost stated “we love each other, everyone accept this”. No need for unnecessary words.
Extremely rushed the wedding, tho.

I’m only curious how their married life is...I hope the spin-off can clear at least part of this

Oh my, how dramatic! This isn't going so well for Yuzu is it? Let's see what she does nex- oh it's over okay

Aggregator gang
well, it really deserves to be called citrus. for the acidity of the ending i mean. and it didnt even raise my immune system to boot. so much for being a citric manga...

Dex-chan lover
Abit rushed (maybe because the anime aftermath, you know when an anime adapted, the source will either forcefully ended or so).
I am certain it needs 1 more volume to wrap this arc properly.
Mainly
1. When Mei and Yuzu Scene after they tried the wedding dress by giving a look of how Mei face looks when she had to cut off her connection with Yuzu.
2. Properly Sums up all other side characters (the twin sister did a good job there in the arc but the other? Not so much, i don't even remember a hint what they're talking about)
3. A proper arrangements oh how Yuzu and Mei asking to cancel the arranged marriage against their Grandfather.
4. Closing with Changing season turns into A new year and when the year finally here. The Wedding scene rolls in.

I am also pretty curious about Harumi background and reason her liking Yuzu. It just almost never brought up as the story doesn't give a break for the side characters aside from when they're introduced they instantly hooked then dumped right away as unnecessary background character.

Also i am pretty damn sure The Twin and Yuzu Said something really clear about the "Citrus" events (and it's really clear it was the True Ending which is also a tittle drop ) but then i guess on the volume the editor says
"Anime has ended for a while, you have 1 volume to sums this story up" to the writer.

Despite being axed i can say it's quite a nice ending, i have seen lot more rushed or even axed ending out there which makes you wanted to erase your Memory of ever reading out the Manga.

At least there's spin offs.
They're slice of life though.
Sadly... (Maybe Citrus was one of Yuri Hime main selling? That's also why they allow Citrus got a spin off? We all know those Yuri Doujin and Ecchi sells) .
And certainly there aren't much interesting tittle in Yuri Hime lately.

Dex-chan lover
last arc had mei go from tsun to insufferable, but everything before that was good
only so many times a character can repeat the same cycle before it gets annoying

Fed-Kun's army
@emMeBi86 in Japan, you can get married at 16, which they are

the "maybe in the near future" was talking about gay marriage, not age. gay marriage is still illegal in Japan but a couple years ago a few cities/wards have created certificates which give the same rights as marraige for gay people

Man when you think about it mei is pretty horrible as a person. All the screwing with yuzu when she knew they couldnt be together. Well cant blame her for enjoying youth and taking advantage of the cards shes dealt with :,).

Still good stuff , the contrast between them was extremely well done , so extreme but didnt feel too forced. Some parts felt out of place though, Meis personality making those 180° and overreaction created unessary drama. Then again she was effed up and twisted. Shame the aftermath was rushed but there is citrus +

Funny thing is i have a friend , a dude but similar personality to yuzu and people really flock around him. He brightens everything up and is genuinly a loving person. So even though its just a fictional story those kinda people truly exist

Dex-chan lover
in Japan, you can get married at 16, which they are
Strictly speaking, women can. Men have to be at least 18 even with parent/guardian consent, either one is 20 without it I believe. Also, if we're on this subject of the marriage laws this ending must be at some non-specific point in the future, because same sex marriage is not a thing yet in Japan, so unless that ceremony is only for having it just because they want to, it has to be later on and may even have ended up being an alternate reality Japan to accommodate things compared to the comparable year in real Japan.

Geez, these last chapters are so rushed and too ''dreamy''. Volume 9 was gold and perfect for a sweet-and-sour ending.

this last chapter annoys me. 😒 rest were realistic , last is too uhhhgnn,annoying. 😲

This was so extremely good until the last 7 or 8 chapters. Then it just became so convoluted and rushed...

Like, up until a few chapters ago, in my opinion it held one of the top spots for a yuri story, but now it's quite bad...

Users who are viewing this thread